Simpsons still on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil Block, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Phil Block

Phil Block Auditioning

Have there been any new Simpsons episodes this season? I have not seen any on Sunday nights, nor have I seen any TV spots for them.
    Thanks,
    -Phil

2. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Would not be in Fox's best interest to move them from Sundays. That proves to still be on of their best nights and I am sure that they won't fool around with the schedule.
    I caught a X-Files spot last night that said that it returns on November 4th (I think)...pending Baseball. Fox right now if too into the World Series stuff and baseball to care about much else, despite the fact that they are getting the great ratings with it either.
    I am sure that very shortly we will be hearing of the return of one of the best shows to ever grace the small screen.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Basically, like last year, the new seasons of Fox's Sunday shows are delayed until the baseball's over.
    I think it was the last weekend in October that the new Simpsons started last year on Fox?
    ------------------
    Nothing In Particular

4. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

I checked this out on fox.com a couple of weeks ago, as I was worried about missing the season premiere. The Simpsons is set for November 4. I haven't heard anything if the premiere will be a Treehouse of Horror, though.
    ~~Nathan
    ------------------
    ...just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.

5. Scott Littlefield

Scott Littlefield Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering about the Halloween episode. It just wouldn't be Halloween without the annual Simpson's special...

6. Scott Littlefield

Scott Littlefield Stunt Coordinator

Responding to my own comment....
    According to this site http://epguides.com/Simpsons/ the Simpson's Halloween episode will air on Nov. 6....

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

How about they tell baseball to cool it and learn to finish in set time periods so they stop pre-empting my Simpsons and King of the Hill repeats? I can't wait until all sports are on pay cable *groan*
    Jeff Kleist

8. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    You think the Simpsons get preempted by Baseball/football, try being a Futurama fan!!! [​IMG]
    I saw a promo for the Simpsons last night on Fox stating Nov 4th as the premiere for this season. Hope baseball is over by then.
    Jay

9. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

Not sure of the date, but the Burger King Kid's meal toys come with a message that says to watch for the All new Treehouse of Horror Episode. I think it's the weekend before Halloween.
    Can anyone confirm?

10. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

To: Jeff
    Re: Baseball
    Besides, it's hardly Fox's fault that the baseball season is running a week long. Take it up with the terrorists.

11. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

12. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    It's odd that they would have the Halloween Special nearly a week AFTER Halloween...then again, I guess they wouldn't have it before the premiere. It's ridiculous that we have over 100 channels but they have to bump the Simpsons for baseball games!

13. Mark Coale

Mark Coale Auditioning

The number of dumb things done by Fox here is legion.
    1. Putting things on Fox Family instead of Fox Sports Net.
    2. Deciding that That 70s Show and Love Cruise were more important than baseball.
    3. Deciding that not disrupting Tuesday night was more important than not disrupting Sunday night.
    4. Putting on two games at the same time. This is not their fault, as the NFL wouldn't move the 4:15 doubleheader game.
    5. Employing many bad announcers.

14. Jay Gregory

Jay Gregory Stunt Coordinator

It would rock if the season premiere of "The Simpsons" was delayed to 11/11 because that would mean a seven game World Series. And we would have more original programming and fewer repeats on Sunday night.
    They won't produce fewer episodes of "The Simpsons" because of baseball, but there will be fewer repeats.