What's new

Simpsons Season Two Delayed AGAIN? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Link Removed
April 11, 2002 - Recently Fox updated their press site with details on their July releases, and the second season DVD set of The Simpsons was mysteriously missing. Now, some online DVD retailers have updated their release dates, and the set appears to have slipped yet again to August 6.
Amazon still shows it as 7/23, but DVD Planet and DVD Empire both show thw 8/6 date. We're trying to get a comment from Fox on this.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Well, it figures. Remember back when, (shortly after season 1 was released), it was rumored that season 2 could arrive as early as Christmas 2001? That was soon changed to March 2002, followed by May, then June, then July, now perhaps August. Why don't they finally announce a "sometime in the far, far, far future" and be done with it. :rolleyes:Sorry, but this is getting really stupid.

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
Wouldn't this be a 1 year wait from 1st season to 2nd season? I'm sorry but I cannot wait 12 years just to get all the Simpsons on DVD.

Maybe that Groening quote inside the case about the format being obsolete for the next one wasn't a joke after all.

Joel C

Screenwriter
This is ridiculous. It isn't like Sopranos, where they only have four seasons to get through. I mean, even releasing 2 a year, it will take 7+ years for all of them to come out, and the show likely will never "catch up" to new broadcasts, as the show will certainly be off the air in the next 7 years.

You know, if they don't hurry up with these, I might not even buy them. What's the point, really, of having 13 episodes on DVD when syndacation shows 3 a day, and usually the later episodes that I like better? It makes sense in my head, anyway, I am only buying the early seasons to have them all. If the later seasons come out so slowly, I won't feel that completist urge (the same urge that is getting me to order all 7 TNG seasons within one year).

StevenW

Second Unit
I've already sold my first season, giving up collecting this show because of this foolish release schedule. :thumbsdown:

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I don't think I'll be buying any of the Simpsons box sets until I find out when the third one comes out. If it's August 2003 then it truly will be 12 years to collect them all.

Jeff

Jeremiah W

Stunt Coordinator
:angry: :angry: this sucks, Damn you Fox!!!!
also I thought MASH season 2 was supposed to come out in May, no announcement yet, wazzup with that one?

StevenW

Second Unit
Now there's a real die-hard fan.
When did I say that I ever was a die hard fan :confused:
Im a casual fan who occasionally watches the show, and thought it would be nice to collect the entire series. But with this release schedule FOX can keep their damn cartoon!. It only comes on 50 times a day if I ever wanna watch it.
There is also no reason for that kind of pissy comment towards me alright.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I'm still waiting for it, but I'm more thankful than ever for my taped reruns, since I doubt we'll see the entire run on DVD. Chances are they'll be up to season 5 when BAM! along comes HD-DVD, and Fox gets us to buy the entire run all over again, this time on HD...

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The R4 version is still scheduled for June 5, complete with the same extras as the R1, so other than FOX trying to reduce the number of parallel imports from the US into R2 and 4 territories, I don't know why this set keeps on being delayed in R1.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I was all ready for Season 2 to come out in July but I it truly comes out on August 6th than that is only 2 weeks after the July release was supposed to come out. I just saw the Jaques outtakes on the 1st season and those were just hilarious.

Why can't they just bust out a new season every few months like Star Trek is doing?

At least Friends season 1 is supposed to come out at the end of this month so that should hold me over.

Richard Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with others -- I was excited about collecting the set, but see no reason to even bother at this point. It will be at least another 3-4 years until they even start hitting the seasons I even cared about, and I'll just pick up the few that interest me.

They should have done this like A&E did with the Python set. Get them all prepared and released reasonably close together, so you are very compelled to have the complete set. Now they're just ticking me off, and I have little interest anymore...

Rich

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
We say we are not interested now BUT once season 2 and Season 3 starts being released we(at least myself) will get all excited again and buy them.

But it is lame how Fox has gone about releasing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks