What's new

Simpsons Season Six On August 16th (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
It doesn't look easy to shelve. Remember the Total Recall tin. Shoe polish can that did a nice roll right off the shelf. How are the discs in this box Gord, i don't want them loose, in paper sleaves, or some other difficult to remove package. I wont buy anything that scratched my discs to hell and back either. I love my OCD by the way, a guy needs standards you know. :)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I happen to like the packaging change. I've always felt that DVD packages in N. America, particularly box sets, were strictly utilitarian in their function and shared a homogenized aesthetic; in short, they're boring from a design aspect.

As someone with OCD tendencies :D , I can empathize with those who dislike the packaging change for any number of reasons. I had my reservations as well, my main concern being its dimensions (if it bore any resemblance to the Cylon head used in the initial run of the Battlestar Galactica series, I would have passed. To this day, I have no shelf space reserved for the BG set; it's just sitting in my closet). I am all for uniformity, but this is one of the few instances where change would be welcomed. An animated series such as this deserves an equally animated package of its own. I only wished that the earlier season sets started out this way; I think collectors would have been more embracing in their attitude towards it. I, for one, can't wait to see it on store shelves this August. :emoji_thumbsup:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Will there be a booklet/Matt Groening note included still?

"I'm seeing double...four Krustys!" :D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I've asked someone at Fox if they can send me the dimensions of Homer's head. When they first told me of the set they stressed that this will fit on the shelf, so I've always assumed the top of Homer's head would be as high as a regular keep case. It's probably a bit thicker, but the width is likely the same as a keep case.

Gord

Chris Stainton

Second Unit
Season 6 is the pinnacle of the show for me. Just about every episode is classic. The packaging is not a concern for me. I can't wait to get to season 7 so that I can have my very favorite episode, "Team Homer".

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
Many of us will be ordering online, so cracked boxes and loose discs should not be a concern. Are people at Fox taking this into consideration at all?

Other than that, I really think this is a very cool idea, and bet most of you fellows that are dismayed now will love how the five heads look together on your shelves in a couple of years :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering how they'll shrinkwrap an odd-shaped case like this Simpson-6?? Seems like that'd be a bit tough and still keep the wrap "form-fitting" to Homer's cranium.

Re. the booklet -- I hope they keep THAT tradition from Seasons 1 thru 5 at any rate. The previous booklets have been very well-done, IMO. Nice pics, excellent info on all the shows, chapter titles, run times right down to the second, et al.

So, perhaps Gord Lacey can get the dope on the booklet as well. If Season 6 doesn't contain a similar style booklet, it would be a shame (and a disappointment).

Plus -- Perhaps the Gord-ster can get FOX to add "Simpsons Season 6" to at least one of the two spines. Having no spine text at all is a miserable idea, IMO. :frowning:

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Same way the shrink wrap everything else. Put the plastic bag around it, apply the heating device.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Question for all the nay-sayers:

Would you be content if all the seasons were in tins instead of boxes? I really could not care less how they are packaged, having it in a box would be great for continuity, but a character head for a tin is a sweet idea itself.

+ for Alex-A for the cover art.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Totally Agreed! I'd buy the Simpsons if it were in a paper bag.

But I can also understand the 'uniformity' mentality. After all, for most, these DVD's are going to be on shelves in our living rooms and we'd like as much uniformity as possible so that things look 'neat'.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I want S1-9

"You really missed out then, because Season 7 is brilliant."
"And Season 8 is the best!"

S7&8 had a few of my favorites.

"That and the Tomacco episode, which is one of the most laugh-out-loud episodes to be produced after season 10"

I watched that the first time it aired with a room full of smokers, who think the Simpsons is stupid,and they all laughed out loud many times for that episode.

I think I stopped watching after 11. Ive seen a episode here and there.I saw the Wickerman spoof this week which made me laugh and made me think I should try to catch it more often again.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I like it!

I bought season 1 and never really got around to buying seasons 2 - 5. Never intended on buying all the seasons of this show anyway but this cool new packaging (along with the episode list) are making me think of starting up the series again and perhaps getting seasons 6 - 10.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I also would have preferred packaging to match - at least in size - seasons 1-5, but I'm glad season six is coming out. I hope we see season 7 by year-end.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Where does it say that? I hope it's true.

I really doubt season 7 will be out by the end of the year, but who knows. We didn't find out about season 5 until not too long before the release date.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

They also recently showed the episode where Krusty is elected congressman, I think from 2003 or '04; it's pretty brilliant and funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks