What's new

Simpsons Season Six On August 16th (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
What season was Hank Scorpio? That was classic.
That and the Tomacco episode, which is one of the most laugh-out-loud episodes to be produced after season 10.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

The CG parts were re-rendered in 3-D. (The kind of 3-D where you put on 3-D glasses and the movie seems to come off of the screen.) I think the cel-animated segments were the same. (Since they were a lower resolution than the 3-D part, the cel animated clips were windowboxed.) Unfortunately, the Simpsons segment ended before Homer entered the "real world".

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
Cool. As long as the package is sturdy enough and won't get damaged in the mail, I like it!

KyleK

Second Unit
I'm surprised because this actually made me kind of mad (things like this ususally don't bother me), but then I realized that it will help me have self control and stop after season 10. The only thing is that now the color progression of seasons 1-5 REALLY doesn't make sense, I mean grey, light green, pink, blue, red? If they had kept going then at least they could have used more colors.

Kyle

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I don't usually get upset over stuff like packaging
or cover art, but this package SUCKS!!! :thumbsdown:

I've been thinking for a while now when I was going to
stop buying Simpsons season sets, now I don't have to worry
about that anymore. FOX has made the decision easy for me-
5 seasons will be enough for me. I knew I wasn't going to
go all the way to season 10, even if the packages were all
the same style. If I buy seasons 6 and 7, then the look
of the sets on my shelf will look awkward and stupid.
Thanks for saving me some money, FOX.

Seymour Uranowitz

Stunt Coordinator
So you're saying the cover art is more important than the content? Season 6 has some of their classic episodes. I guess you would also turn down an ugly box full of money. ;)

To each his own.

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan

I can't understand either the reaction from some people here. Do you guys buy DVDs so you can display them in your homes, or because you enjoy watching the programs and movies they contain? Certainly I can understand people being disappointed by packaging they dislike, but going as far as not buying a great season from a great show because of the package is just silly.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I guess I'm just being silly then. I just don't like
what FOX has decided to do with the packaging, and I
am a little fussy about my collection and how it looks.
IMO if there is a grouping of mismatched boxes on my
display shelves, then my library looks like a cluttered
mess. How I feel is that if I don't like something, I
won't support it with my attention or money, and I
don't like this packaging. Sorry, guys.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

It could be worse. Someone mentioned this already, but the four sets of Law & Order all look different from each other. Add in L&O:SVU and L&O:CI to the mix with the original, and there are five different designs total.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Packaging bothers me, but it usually isn't going to keep me from buying something. But it will keep me from rushing out to get it on the release date. I'll get around to it when I have time usually.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I sort of understand the side of the guys irritated by the change. Packaging matters to me - to a degree. For instance, while New Line sent me final product for the extended editions of the second and third Lord of the Rings DVDs, I got "test discs" for Fellowship. This means that it doesn't "match" the others on the shelf, a fact that's almost irritated me enough to buy a new copy of Fellowship just for show's sake.

Almost. It's the whole "I don't like the package so I won't buy it" that doesn't make sense. The discs themselves remain the most important, not the package...

Seth--L

Screenwriter

You know they make pills for OCD? ;)

Looking over the episode list, I forgot how strong this season was. The Clown College epsidoe is one of my all-time favorites -- classic Krusty.

I can't wait to hear the commentary track on "The Critic" crossover.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Same here. I hate this packaging change. I'm also pissed off at Universal for their packaging changes on every damn show I collect (not design, but dimensions). But if I find the content worth buying, I'll still buy it.

I'll grumble when I receive season 6. I'll grumble even more when I put it on my shelf. I'll possibly grumble for a while whenever I look at my shelf and see it sitting there. But I'm sure as hell gonna laugh my ass off when I watch the episodes.

Chris

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone actually confirmed this is the final and only packaging? I heard rumors from the beginning about Limited Edition sets in weird packaging, but hadn't seen them do it for the first few seasons...

Maybe this just finally the LE they've mentioned before, and the normal sets will still be available?

Or are they just doing different packages per set of 5?

-V

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
If you really want uniformity, you can always buy multi-disc cases and print your own covers. Not the best solution, but it means that you can get exactly what you want.

As for me, I know that any disc I own, no matter how often I watch it, is going to spend more time on my shelf than in my DVD player, so if I'm going to be staring at a shelf full of DVDs off in the corner, I'd at least like them to look cool.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

This is the set. When you open it there are DVDs in there. This isn't an outer shell with a different box inside. They have plans to change the packaging every 5 sets.

The top of Homer's head is the height of a regular DVD case.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks