What's new

Simpsons Season Six On August 16th (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I like how it looks, but as a package it just sucks- the disc holders on mine have come unglued and looks like just a matter of time before the tape thing that holds them together falls apart too. I hope they fix this on the next volume. Just another reason why I prefer DVD-18s to unnecessary extra discs- the fewer discs this case would have to hold, the better!

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
has any1 actually got the replacement box yet? I feel I sent away ages ago and they still havent cashed my check.

And for those saying the replacement packaging is free, well its not. I had to pay $4.99 to get them to ship it to me and It doesnt cost $4.99 to ship a folded dvd box.

DVDcoverart (Im a member, I got a membership much like homer got his job, I showed up on the first day and they gave it to me :p) has a season 6 set. Its basically the replacement cover except with a regular spine for the standard 4 discs DVd cases you can buy with the same thickness as a regular dvd case.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Maybe you haven't gotten yours yet because you're Canadian. Earlier in this thread, some Americans claimed that they received their replacement package about 4 weeks (or more) after sending away for it.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I'm in Ontario, and I sent away for the replacement box on 8/16 (release day). Mine arrived last Wednesday or Thursday.

StoshS

Agent
are these show syndicated? on my dvd , disc 1 - episode 5 , the one with sideshow bob running for mayor. the opening just goes the simpsons and then cuts to the end of the opening credits. there was no car driving in the drive way bart skating over it , lisa riding here bike into the garage and no simpsons running to the couch.

John*D

Second Unit

That is how it was originally aired. Some of the episodes are like that, as are repeats of the same couch scene.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, part of me now wishes seasons 7-10 would just have the heads and have the replacement packaging. Cause now who wants to have digipacks for seasons 1-5, a weird 6, and then 7 digipacks.

I'm personally probably going to just go back to the digipacks. Maybe I'll sell season 6 on ebay in the future and pick up the region 2 set or something. lol, I'm that weird.

Chris Ze

Agent
I, don't like the head. It should be made of a better material like tin but cheap plastic come on. I can see the base splitting. the good news from what I hear there's a choice when you buy season 7 for head or box. I'll be buying the box

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

When an episode runs long, this is the first thing TPTB cut before cutting the actual episode for time. It's not unusual at all and definitely not the syndicated cut.

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
My mate got the region 1 homer head shipped to belfast and i have to say its a horrible flimsy piece of shit. I borrowed it to put along side my seasons 1 to 5 and it looks horrible. I went straight out and bought the normal region 2 digpack set. Looks better now :)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Possible easter egg question: When I go to an episode's menu, there's a mug shot of one of the characters holding up a sign with the episode's production code written on it. Initially, this code is not clickable. However, after watching the episode (or just going to the scene selections and back) it is. But clicking it will just start the episode again and doesn't seem to do anything else. Is there something I'm missing?

Chris

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
On 2 episodes, clicking on that number will show some animation on the menu screen- the Who Shot Mr. Burns and one on the first disc. Don't know why the other ones just start it playing again.

StoshS

Agent
i just tryed playing disc 2 in my ps2 and it doesnt work, keep getting disc read error. i put in disc 3 and it was fine and then disc 4 and had the same problem. havent tried them on other dvd players yet , but what could be the problem?

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
My first guess would be the fact that you're using a PS2. They are known for not playing many discs properly or at all when they will play perfectly fine on other players.

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my packaging today. Im disapointed in the fact that this $5 package is just a slipcover and not a full digipack. However I like it more because IT now matches my other sets (from a spine perspective). Unfortuenetly The idiots who made this replacement did not put a Top on it. Im going to fix this however by making my own top out of some black card board. Then to access the DVDs ill just untuck it (like how the bottom part works)

Hopefully in the future (years maybe?) they will re-release season 6 with normal packaging. Because it is indeed going to look wierd once my collection is done with 1-5 being normal and then 7-? normal with 6 looking funky.
I would buy the region 2 digipack and swap my region 1 discs to place inside except the region 2 digi-pack has those horrible PAL ratings on the spine and front (the big 12 number). Of all regions, region 2 packaging is the worst for any movie because of those big ugly ratings.

hopefuly a proper region 1 digi-pack will be made one day. At least for season 7 I can pick up a non head version. I still cant believe the heads even exsist. Like whos dumb idea was it to make the heads at season 6. Maybe if they thought of it at season 1... but not season 6

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Are there two region 2 digipacks? Because while looking for them on e-bay, I see that some look gray, while others look black.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Is the "normal" box still available through mail order? Because I haven't gotten around to ordering it. FOX...don't you EVER do this to us again. You can HAVE Homer's head!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks