What's new

Simpsons Season One Review (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Just snagged a copy of this tonight...and god almighty was it worth it. Season one may not be the best, but bad simpsons on DVD is better than no simpsons on DVD. And these are some great episodes, but nohting compared to what is coming down the road.
The picture on it is grainy and definately not reference material, but as the notes inside say, they had no budget and had no idea what they were doin back then, so dont blame Fox, this is the best these episodes will look. The sound is in Dolby 5.1, and Dolby 2.0. Once again, not reference, but very good for source material.
The commentaries are great, only listened to two, and the extras are very good. Not too much, but not too little either, just middle of the road.
There are two easter eggs as well on the third disc(that I know of...searched every menu on every disc and only found these two)...one is scans of magazine covers featuring the simpsons back in the early ninties, and the other egg is a TV News report on the banning of Bart Simpson shirts in schools.(this was a worthwhile addition.) To get this one just go to the special features on disc three and go to the second page, then press left on the remote to highlight Bart's shirt. The mag one is just as easy under the storyboard menu.
Great packagin, except the hubs...I HATE these hubs. I dont like the fact I cant grab the disc but from the top, no grabbing from the bottom part, it is like the hubs in the Akira Tin.
Overall a very wonderful DVD set, and well worth everyone's time and money...let's hope the next season isn't too far away. This is further proof that FOX is still the greatest DVD studio out there today.(They love us so much they actually give us what we want on the discs, unlike some other studios...this means you WB!!!)
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
half.gif
out of five
------------------
card11.jpg

darrin

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree with Sean on ALL points. I picked mine up
last night and it was WELL worth the 25 minute (in the rain)
drive!! I did watch all the episodes on the first disc and
boy is this set great!!! To me, this is one of the 3 most
anticipated sets, only behind Godfather and Phantom Menace.
THANKS FOX!!!!!!!

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I also picked mine up a couple of days ago and very happy that I did. I don't view this as bad Simpsons at all. I have very fond memories of this season because it was so fresh back then. I don't think they counted on this being as big a hit as they expected. I remember them rushing to get episodes out as quickly as possible and trhe animators could not keep up. I think I remember watching these as repeats early on until we got the new episodes.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks