What's new

Simpsons Season II Dvd..... (1 Viewer)

Rumor has it,actullay just saw a blurp about it on the crawl on cnn, that its coming out next week. I had alreaDY picked up Seanson I. Good Stuff!!!
------------------
Don't Stop Belevin'

Michael*K

Screenwriter
SIGH...Yet another inaccuracy reported by CNN. The dopes probably meant the second season of The Sopranos comes out next week. The second season for The Simpsons hasn't been announced yet.
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Good, I haven't made it all the way through the first set yet! I was surprised by how dry the commentaries are. I guess I was expecting these to be funny people, but it doesn't seem to be the case. In any event, it's slow going, usually involving me falling asleep.
tongue.gif

------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the Season One Set just to have it because I am a huge Simpsons fan. Truth be told, I haven't even watched all of the episodes because IMO, they just plain suck! I mean, the animation is sketchy and the voices aren't "there" yet. For me, they're just tough to watch. Season Two is where they start getting better and by Season Three, WATCH OUT...full-on Simpsons hilarity ensues!!!
Without being constrained by what season it's a part of, what episodes in particular are you guys interested in having on DVD? I'd like to start off the list with my contribution...3D Homer (Halloween Episode).
BTW, given the following announcement from the Simpsons Archive, I wonder if this episode will be released on DVD:
According to Entertainment Weekly, episode "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" (4F22) with the World Trade Center has been pulled from syndication. However, Fox has only sent a list of episodes to review to the stations, who make the final call.
[Edited last by Ron Reda on November 02, 2001 at 03:15 PM]

Bryan Farris

Agent
The "Twin Tower" worrying is just so much hokum. That episode was somewhere around season 8 or so, so it would be at least 4 years before it hits DVD. If we're still uber-sensitive about these things, then Lord help us!

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Maybe they re also thinking about removing the George Bush episode, the Barts girlfriend episode (has a restaurant called 2 guys from Kabul).
The Treehouse of terror episode with the Y2k when planes just fall out of the sky. Or the fear of flying episode.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
[sarcasm] I bet if they edited out every offensive reference in the Simpsons we could probably get all of the remaining seasons out on one disk in about a week or so. [/sarcasm]
Not making light of the past few months but censorship is easily motivated.
------------------
Star Wars: http://www.ig88-.net
patriot.gif

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I think pulling the episode with the Twin Towers is stupid. Just because they ceased to exist on Sept. 11, doesn't mean they never existed at all. This episode, cartoon though it may be, took place before Sept. 11, 2001, and as such, the Twin Towers were there. It's a fact. The events of Sept. 11th cannot change the fact that the Twin Towers were there before that day.
It seems that some people would rather forget that which is best off being remembered.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
All that's happening is that Fox has sent a list of episodes to temporarily pull from syndication, but is leaving the final decision with the stations. Seems like a prudent thing to do. It's not like this is permanent or an order.
It seems like a prudent course of action to present a recommendation to the stations, and leave the final decision with them.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Although it'll be a while before the Season 8 discs arrive, I hope Fox doesn't pull the Twin Towers episode. Being originally from NY, I think it's a great episode!
"I think pulling the episode with the Twin Towers is stupid. Just because they ceased to exist on Sept. 11, doesn't mean they never existed at all. This episode, cartoon though it may be, took place before Sept. 11, 2001, and as such, the Twin Towers were there. It's a fact. The events of Sept. 11th cannot change the fact that the Twin Towers were there before that day."
Good point, but if you're read anything about the upcoming Spiderman movie, the director has changed a lot of the movie due to the fact that the towers played a pretty big "scenery" role. Of course, the movie hasn't been released yet, but the towers were standing when it was filmed. Just a thought...

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well I still haven't picked up the first season set yet, due to the fact that most of the episodes(minus Sideshow Bob's framing episode) are just boring and not up to speed(including the odd black Smither in one episode). But still, I bet "Homer Verus the State of New York" will arrive on DVD when it comes up sometime later. And on a odd note, on the day of the attack, the station had planned to air that very episode that night. But since the news was on instead, it never happened(found out from Comcast's episode info).
------------------
rirsesignture.gif

Craig_T

Second Unit
"Good point, but if you're read anything about the upcoming Spiderman movie, the director has changed a lot of the movie due to the fact that the towers played a pretty big "scenery" role. Of course, the movie hasn't been released yet, but the towers were standing when it was filmed."
And because it hasn't been released yet, Spidey is a completely different situation. When photography/editing actually took place is irrelevant as far as the public is concerned.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Kenneth,
"Well I still haven't picked up the first season set yet, due to the fact that most of the episodes(minus Sideshow Bob's framing episode) are just boring and not up to speed(including the odd black Smither in one episode)."
Agreed, but if you're a Simpsons fan, don't you just have to have it to complete the set???

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I truly don't aggree with this. Yes they are a tad bit slow but when you look at the way each episode is put together, I find them to be better than the most recent seasons. The writing is friggin brilliant. ANd the way Bart looks up to homer and the emotion and GOD they are great episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks