Simpsons Season 7 - 12/13/05!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Scott_J, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

According to TVShowsonDVD.com, season 7 has been set for December 13 release. According to their specs, the release will inclued deleted scenes on 15 episodes but no mention of commentaries in their story. I assume there will be though, since it notes the deleted scenes include commentary.

2. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Glad to hear it! Season 7 has some really great episodes, including 22 Short Films About Springfield. I hope the head package thing gets resolved though and we get a standard package this time.

What are we in now, season 17? They still have some catching up to do, but I'm glad Fox is issuing two seasons again this year.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Sounds good! One of the last really great seasons. Too bad the entire thread will be complaints about the box.

4. John*D

John*D Second Unit

No more head! No more Head! No more Head!

[​IMG]

I'll be getting Season 7, although I wish they'd go back to digipak's or offer us both options.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

See? [​IMG]

6. PaulP

PaulP Producer

I'm hoping they speed it up to 3 per year. Or at least continue at 2 per year. I mean the show's in its 17th season... We have at leats 5 more years just to catch up, if this is The Simpsons' last season,w hich it probably isn't.

7. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

I wonder if Marge's voice will be used on the 800-number for the replacement case (I assume Marge is next in line?).

P.S. I'm in the minority, as I happen to like the plastic cases.

8. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    A show of hands of who is going to go broke now that we've officially hit the fourth quarter?

*me*

9. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I'm in the "give it to me in a paper bag if you have to, because I don't give a crap about the box" category. [​IMG]

As big a fan as I am, Season 7 seems a bit "so-so" overall. Some great episodes, but overall - "meh!"

I may be the only one, but I can't wait to have all 5 'head' boxes on the shelf together. I think it'll look cool! I'm obviously getting the replacement box as well, but I do like the 'neat-o' factor of the head box.

10. Daniel-M

Daniel-M Second Unit

Although i have been vocal about my dislike of the head-cases it won't stop me from buying this.

Next is Marge by the way, then Lisa, then Maggie and last Bart

11. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

I'll definitely be getting this but it's pretty stupid that they're continuing with the heads after all the complaints.

12. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Me too. God I could paste my must-buy list from October on, but I don't want to take up too much space with off-topic stuff - let's just say there are 43 announced items till end of December [​IMG]

13. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

They're not fooling ME into buying all of them until Season 11 with this head box scam. Even if it means I don't have boxes of the whole family, I'm stopping after season 8. Nobody else should be get roped into this either. I'm not going to waste money on lower quality episodes just to be a package completist, and neither should you! [​IMG]

14. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Given that they're offering the alternative boxes on request, I'd have figured the "head case" issue would be dead. I guess people always have to have something to bitch about, especially in this section of the forum... [​IMG]

I'm just glad they seem to be accelerating the release schedule. If they bring us Maggie, Lisa & Bart (8, 9 ,10) next year that would make me very happy!!

15. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

We're glad we're getting our alternate boxes for season 6. We just don't want to have to go through all of that for the rest of the seasons.

16. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    A big Woo Hoo to the arrival of season 7.

And a big D'oh to the terrible packaging it will likely come in.

Mmm . . . packaging . . .

17. Daniel-M

Daniel-M Second Unit

Why can't they just do like they are doing in the UK and just give both

18. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

I can't wait to find out what the alternate one in the UK is like when it comes out on October 17. Does everyone think it'll be like the U.S. alternate that goes over the Homer head, or the more "traditional" type that folds out like the first five seasons?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...182229-1048665

19. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I gave an explanation in the other "Simpson Head" thread (which I think is a damn good explanation) - Europe is a different market than the US and thus, marketing is different here.

In America, we (the consumers) go for anything new and 'nifty'. Most Americans are more apt to shell money out for "Bright and Shiny" over quality.

This is very similar to the American Car thread where someone mentioned that Americans like to replace their cars every few years (to get the brightest, shiniest, and newest) while the rest of the world holds onto their 'reliable' cars for years.

As long as the American consumers keep showing that we (i.e. overall, not us here) buy things more when the package changes, they're going to keep changing packages to make them "Fresh"

Example: I spoke with a restaurant owner who says that everytime Coke or Pepsi changes the look of their bottles of soda, he ends up selling a TON of it. Once the new label has been out for a while, sales start to level off again.

That's how the American consumer purchasing habits are, and that's why we get this packaging.

Remember, just because we (the HTF crowd) are in the majority for liking the old style. That's because we aren't the majority of the DVD market.

And besides, Fox knows that most of the DVD nuts are going to buy it anyways, so the sales loss they get from the anal ones who won't buy the DVD's because of the packaging, will be offset by the LARGE segment of those who will buy it because of the 'neat' packaging.

20. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Interesting idea, but it kind of contradicts another thread about cool limited edition packaging in the HT Software forum. There are a ton of crazy Limited edition packages (like the Alien Quadrilogy in an Alien head) that get released in Japan and Europe, but most of them don't make it over to R1.

Honestly, I think the heads are just a way to get the Simpsons to stand out on store shelves, and to try something different. On a more practical bent, it makes the seasons much easier to identify/remember. Just from seing the boxes, I can't remember if I own season 5, but I know season 6 without having to read the cover (or think about it). I'm sure there were cases with the other boxes where people bought the wrong season set because they weren't paying attention to the box that they grabbed.