What's new

Simpsons Season 2 delayed (1 Viewer)

Craig_T

Second Unit
Now it's been delayed AGAIN to July 23rd. This is getting downright ridiculous. Ever other TV series released by seasons has been getting a perfectly reasonable release schedule. Now it's 10 months (and counting) between seasons 1 and 2.:thumbsdown:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I see that Amazon agrees with the delayed-again date of 7/23. :frowning:
What's funny is that the other day I saw another thread bemoaning Fox's TV-on-DVD section of their site stating that M*A*S*H Season 2 was now stating "Fall 2002", as you can see Link Removed, which is later than the date indicated on the insert whcih came with Season 1.
However, the same site shows The Simpsons (Link Removed) as coming on with Season 2 in May 2002, and with Season 3 in Fall 2002! :rolleyes
Hey, at least that Fox site has that subtle endorsement of 16x9 television sets... :D

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
This is getting downright ridiculous. Ever other TV series released by seasons has been getting a perfectly reasonable release schedule. Now it's 10 months (and counting) between seasons 1 and 2.
And some people still think we're going to end up with every season on DVD one day.... :D
Dan

Craig_T

Second Unit
Are you forgetting about The Sopranos and Stargate SG-1?
The Simpsons and The Sopranos situations are totally different. 2 of the only 3 seasons of The Sopranos are already out and have been for awhile now. In cases like that, 10 months between releases is understandable, especially given how valuable the show is for HBO. If I was a Sopranos fan, I'd hardly be complaining about the DVD output. The Simpsons has 13 seasons now, most of them long since exhausted in syndication, and all we've got is an abbreviated season from the 13 year-old "Don't have a cow man" era. And given the snails pace they're coming out at, The Sopranos: The Next Generation will be on DVD by the time all of the The Simpsons seasons are. I've never even heard of that other show.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Also not happy with Simpsons delays.

Also happy not same day as Buffy, for financial and spare time to watch them all reasons.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that the Sopranos is coming to DVD almost as fast as they can get em on HBO. I think that season 3 just finished this spring, and should be on DVD by Christmas. I'd rather have it right now, but that's a very reasonable schedule. Wish they'd do the same with Oz (at least catch up with the back seasons first).

Why is it that the shows I have no interest in buying (Star Trek, X Files) seem to have these fast & regular releases, but The Simpsons is dragging like this...

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Given the long series lifespan, Fox really should change the schedule to 3 seasons year. 2 is still slow, and the current schedule can be outpaced by a tree sloth.

-Dave

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Dave, at this rate I'd be amazed if we even get to season 3 by the year's end frankly. :frowning:
Dan

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
If anything I hope they use these bumps to make better packaging for the Simpsons, they deserve something cool and unique.

To me the Buffy TV show should be taken and burned, and yes I have tried to watch it SEVERAL times, it doesn't come close to the cleverness of the movie in which it bastardizes its name from...and don't even get me started on the spin off of Angel...POS all the way.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Actually the DVD Angle site says 8/6, which is a Tuesday. That's 2 weeks after the last purported date of 7/23, which was only per Amazon. Everyone else right now still says 7/9.
But of course Fox's TV-on-DVD site still says "May". :rolleyes
So where are all these friggin' dates coming from? Will we EVER get to see "Treehouse of Horror"? Don't have a cow, man...

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
it doesn't come close to the cleverness of the movie in which it bastardizes its name

Erm... well, the movie and TV show were both written by Joss Whedon, who says the show is MUCH closer to what he had in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks