Simpsons Season 2 and other Fox DVD's 50% off

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Dr, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Mike Dr

Mike Dr Stunt Coordinator

this is taken directly from www.techbargains.com
    Fox DVDs 21-Jul-02
    Fox [https://secure.foxhome.com/julymp/ordercheck.asp] is giving 50% off selected DVDs, using coupon FOXSURVEY (Thanks Shubho)
    Update: This sale extends to Costco B&M stores! These are only $9.99 each after a $3 instant rebate: Something About Mary SE, Entrapment SE, Planet of the Apes, The Abyss SE, Big, Castaway, X-Men, Dr. Doolittle 2, Me, Myself, and Irene, Anna the King, Men of Honor, The Beach, Say Anything, Independence Day, Courage Under Fire, Officespace. Note: the special edition dvd's are not the 2-disc sets

2. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

The Simpsons season 2 actually comes to $39.95 - $14.98 with the coupon + $3.11 shippng = $28.08.

worth it?

3. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

As far as I'm concerned it is. I also noticed it wasn't 50% off, but it is a significant discount. I think Amazon has it for $32.99 but shipping isn't included in that. I went ahead and picked it up. Good looking out, Mike!

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Thanks for the tip! I called the retailer where I'd already placed my Season 2 pre-order, and they told me it was too late to simply 'cancel' the order.
    So in order for me to take advantage of Fox's sweet deal, I gotta wait for it to arrive, and then ship it back. [​IMG]
    I'll just eat the 6-dollar difference, because there's no way I'm sending this set back once it's on my doorstep!!!!
    But I DID share this offer with several friends, and they all went "oooh", so I'm glad I could save them a few bucks!

5. Ed Faver

Ed Faver Second Unit

If you haven't ordered it, $28 is sweet for SImpsons season 2. I have it coming from DDD for $33.90 and thought that was a good deal.