What's new

Simpsons S9 - 12/19 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me or is the binding for the discs getting cheaper and cheaper with each season?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
It's not you--the binding was cracked on the packaging back. I'm trying to ignore it. But anyway...is it my imagination, or did I hear the "F" word in this set??? At the beginning of Treehouse of Horror, the announcer is stabbed several times, and I swear to you, he utters the "F" word...Is this true?? Can any of you who saw this episode on tv tell me if it was bleeped out for tv?? I swear to you that's what he says on the dvd. And it's very funny, by the way ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ethan, he says what the fudge, as mark noted.

do you need a new sound system

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Consolation S9 F-word: Dan Castellaneta grumbled "Motherfucker" when Homer was using his teeth to get the lugnuts off the car boot in The City Of New York Vs. Homer Simpson. It's hard to hear (which is how it slid past) but you can make it out.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
SOOOOOO, yet ANOTHER freakin' sneak peak at the Simpsons movie this Sunday??? Between all the hype and sneak peaks (on TV, online, on other DVD's), I'm beginning to wonder if this movie is going to be all that great?? :frowning:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm still hoping they capitalize on the movie "event" this year by releasing three season sets of the show. Put season 10 out for May sweeps exposure, season 11 during August, right after the movie premieres, and season 12 for Christmas.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

We can only dream. lol It would be great if they bumped it up to three releases a year though. Man, if that were the case, we'd be up to season 15 by the end of 2008!

Something else I was pondering. I thought about making a separate thread about this but I'll just put it here. What type of cases do you think they'll use after season 10? With seasons 1-5 being standard packaging, and 6-10 being the heads. I can't help but wonder what they'll do for 11-15.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i dont get your thinking.

if they show a bunch of sneaks peaks that tellsyou the movie wont be good?

how so?

more often then not if they refuse to show anything from a movie, such as early screeners to critics, that is
a good indication something is wrong.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It just feels like they are overhyping it to get attention. I would imagine the movie would have probably done a lot better if it came out 10 years ago.

It just seems like all the hype is going to ruin it, at least for me.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Well, I won't get to see the movie because I did one bad thing too many, so my dad says I have to be punished.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
You know, when I was a boy, I REALLY wanted a catchers mitt but my dad wouldn't get it for me. So I held my breath until I passed out and banged my head on the coffee table...the doctors though I might have brain damage!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"I like stories." :)

Since this thread has (at least for now) morphed into a Simpsons movie commercial thread, I have to say that I liked what I saw in this commercial. Although the commercials and trailers make it look like the movie is hundrerds of short comedic bits instead of an actual story so I still have absolutely no idea what the movie is about.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
A film's promotional campaign has nothing to do with it's quality. How about seeing the movie before proclaiming judgment on it ?

As far as getting more seasons released faster, that would be nice but I would not want this to happen at the expense of the high-quality that we are used to. I would not want to give up the extras and commentaries just to get the seasons faster. I want quality. Not quantity. I want it good. Not fast.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
So how is that different than the ones saying "Wow, it looks great"
:D Does this mean we're not allowed to express an opinion??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks