What's new

Simpsons S9 - 12/19 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My copy shipped Saturday and I am looking forward to its arrival. This puts us at the halfway mark for The Simpsons, since they are currently in their 18th season. I still wish the sets would be increased to at least 3 per year, which would catch us up more quickly to the present. The Simpsons movie is due in July, so just maybe Fox will want to take advantage by getting more season sets out in '07.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping that they put out S10 in the spring to tie in with episode 400 of the series, S11 in late July/early August to tie in to the movie and then the movie on DVD in December or even better release S12 then too. Yes, I know I'm dreaming. :)

That being said, I think the releases will start to speed up soon. Since the commentaries are what's slowing up the releases, I'm sure Fox has been recording commentaries for episodes as they are made now. It may take years until they release the episode on DVD but with the commentary done, they're more prepared.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm going to buy this from Amazon after Christmas, since the Wal-Mart where I shop hasn't carried any of the character head sets since season 6.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I don't want the releases to speed up if that means losing the commentaries. They're sometimes the best part of the extras.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I totally agree.

I also wonder if they are purposely slowing down due to something Matt G said in a commentary. He was saying (I believe this was in the latest released Season) that a lot of people didn't like the episodes when they were originally aired, but now they seem to like them more.

I kind of agree with that. When Season 8 first aired, I was like "meh", but now that the currently aired seasons are getting even worse, season 8 looks much funnier by comparison. :D

So maybe they don't want to release these too slowly. ;) Hell, if you're REALLY into conspiracy theories, maybe they're purposely making the current season bad so the DVD's will sell well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Definitely. I'm just hoping that Fox has had the foresight to have been recording them long in advance since they know the episodes will eventually go to DVD. That way, they can speed up and keep the same level of quality for the extras.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My copy arrived today, and I have to say it's really cool-looking. Nice job on the themed package, especially the repros of the Rolling Stone covers and the "Rocking Stone" magazine that is the set's booklet. Can't wait to jump into these.

All the more reason the sets should see increased releases.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I love the record label-type art on the discs. It's cool that they list the episodes (like tracks) on the disc. :emoji_thumbsup:

Definitely creative and worth the wait. :):emoji_thumbsup:

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Every time I've bought one of these season sets, I end up just listening to the commentaries because I've seen all of these episodes so many times.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's deleted scenes hidden as easter eggs on the menus of The Principal And The PauperFrom 'Extras' push up on your remote which will highlght the red light on the speaker and press enter.
and Treehouse Of Horror VIIIFrom 'Play Episode', press left to highlight the red light and press enter.
I'll post more as I go through the set.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
travis why are you hiding the way to find the hidden features?

it's already enough of a pain to have to find these in the first place.
you arent giving anything away by not hiding them.

in fact you posting how to find them is very helpful, spoilingerizing this isnt really needed.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - yeah, the easter eggs on this set are no different than on the last set. They even help you out by blinking the little red light and flipping the little tag.

Sorry Travis, I don't mean to pick on you, but if you went through the trouble to spoiler the easter egg, shouldn't you also spoiler the episode that the easter egg is in? :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've seen people get pissy when you post the eggs without spoiler tags (though I can't really fathom why either) so I figured I'd err on the side of caution. :)

I'll throw caution to the wind now- There's eggs on The Joy Of Sect and Simpson Tide. From 'Play Episode', press left to highlight the red light on the speaker and press enter.

And on The Last Temptation Of Krust and Lisa The Simpson. From 'Extras' push up on your remote which will highlght the red light on the speaker and press enter.

And like Mark said, the easy way is to look for the blinking light. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
On Disc Four, Girly Edition and Natural Born Kissers have hidden deleted scenes. From 'Play Episode', press left to highlight the red light on the speaker and press enter.

And if anyone knows how to find the hidden Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein wrap up on their years, feel free to post it. I don't have the patience to figure out how to find it. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I found my answer at a Simpsons site. In Lisa The Simpson when Lisa is trying to figure out the brain teaser (in the first minute or so of the show), press 6 on your remote and it will give you a hidden commentary from Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein where they talk about their time on the show.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thanks travis.

oh and glad travis was able to answer your question.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I figured it had to be the number 6, but I hit that 6 EVERYWHERE in that video (and menus) and could not get it to work at all!

I'll try again though...I was actually hitting it once the puzzle appeared in the scene, but should I be doing it sooner?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks