What's new

Simpsons repeats (ad nauseum) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone else experiencing this phenomenon with their Simpsons reruns in syndication? Our local station has been showing the same 30 episodes over and over and over and over and over for the last 3 months. Now at 3 times a day, this is REALLY getting ludicrous, especially because most of them are from the last 3-4 years. I just went through the next 2 weeks listed at TVGuide.com and EVERY SINGLE episode has been on in the last month, and in JUST THE TWO WEEK PERIOD the following episodes are REPEATED TWICE!

Tennis the Menace- June 5th and June 18th
She of Little Faith- June 6th and June 19th
Pokey Mom- June 4th and June 10th (6 DAYS APART!)
The Bart Wants What it Wants- June 11th and 12th (NOT EVEN 24 HOURS APART!!! Confirmed with the station)

I have tried complaining, but all I get is the voicemail of programming, and they never call me back. For the first time in a decade I find myself not watching Simpsons and instead popping in a DVD :frowning:

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Jeff,

I have seen that to. I think a couple of causes here in Baltimore, is that it shows at both 6 and 7 and they seem to be staggered in their schedule by a little bit. Also, Saturday is on a different schedule and I think they have converged.

Todd

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Todd, even if they have converged, they're still only showing the same 30 or so episodes. I haven't seen a whole ton of them in close to a year. For example the UFO cult one

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I get two Fox Stations (since I'm in the middle of Dayton and Cincinnati), and one of them showed some Season 1 episodes recently. :) I don't watch the reruns everyday, but I think they both show a pretty good variety.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I haven't noticed it with The Simpsons here. But we are only shown the final season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. They recently showed the last episode of the series, then started from the beginning of the final season again.

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
YEARS and YEARS ago there was a national syndication schedule for "The Simpsons" (Same episode shows in all markets on the same day).

Since then, the packages have changed and the stations can buy and air whichever episodes that they want as a result, some stations just buy certain blocks (ie seasons 11, 12 & 13) and air them OVER and OVER. When the contract is up, they'll get a different set of episodes (ie seasons 1, 4 & 9)

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
That sucks man, over here it's on three times a day. Some are more recent ones, but a lot of the time we get more classics like the Stone Cutters, Monorail, Mr. Plow, etc.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I actually saw an older episode yesterday that I've not seen in YEARS... the ep. where Bart becomes the hall monitor... I hardly remembered it, until it got to the half-way mark of the episode where he's given a chance to take something from the secret stash... amazing. Funny as hell, too.

JohnAP

Second Unit
My Fox station usually only shows the last few seasons, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
We get them all here - right now our 6:00 eps are on Season 9 and our 7:00 eps are on Season 7. Maybe some stations don't show the early ones because of their availability on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks