What's new

Simpsons Live-action - Ideal Cast ? (1 Viewer)

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I think Bruce Willis presents fascinating possibilities as Homer. :D That's just the trippy twist you need.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I thought of 3 more possibilities:

Terence Stamp as Mr. Burns

Ian McDiarmid as Mr. Burns

Michael Chiklis as Homer

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I know he's probably 20-30 years too old for the role, but how about James Earl Jones for Dr. Hibbert?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I was thinking of the patriarch from Prizzi's Honor (i.e. Jack Nicholson's character's boss) as Mr Burns, can't remember the actor's name though. But IIRC he might have passed away already.

And how about the actresses who played the Dursa Sisters as Marge's sisters? ;)

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Other than having long hair, I don't see Howard Stern's resemblance to Otto. Otto is in his early to mid twenties. Howard Stern is what, 40 years old?

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
How's about Jason Mewes as Otto?

Possibly Will Sasso (Mad TV) as Homer?

The guy who played Carbone in Goodfellas can play the gangster who's modeled after Carbone.

Roseanne as either Patty or Selma.

Again the obvious - Mike Tyson as Dedrick Tatum. Although, I'd like to see him played by Evander Holyfield :)

Real Name
Anthony
Every time I come back to this thread, someone's come up with a new and brilliant idea.

I love the idea of BRUCE WILLIS as HOMER :D !
I can totally see BEN STILLER as MOE :emoji_thumbsup:
RICKY JAY as COMIC-BOOK GUY is pretty good too.
But I will eat my own faeces if anyone can come up with a better MR BURNS than IAN MCDIARMID :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D !!

Unfortunately, being a limey, quite a few of these names are unfamiliar to me.
Brenton - Al Gore might make a good Skinner but he'd have more screen time than I could bear.
Scott D.S - you might be right about Joanna Cassidy. I can only remember her from BLADE RUNNER. What are you thinking of ? Is she in a TV show in the US ?

Hope no-one minds me making all these posts. I'm not trying to "own" the thread. I'm just finding it a real laugh.
And the funniest thing to me is that no-one's yet challenged my idea of M.Night Shyamalan as Apu !

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
And the funniest thing to me is that no-one's yet challenged my idea of M.Night Shyamalan as Apu !
The only person I can think of is Fisher Stevens reprising his role from Short Circuit. :) "Ooh! Her pants are blazing for you, Newton Crosby!"

Either him or Brian George who played Babu Bhatt in Seinfeld (and is actually British).

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I love the idea of BRUCE WILLIS as HOMER !
I do too! In fact he was my choice three years ago when he starred in The Kid. The poster had his head at a funny angle that really reminded me of Homer. They even look alike (when Bruce isn't trying to hide his baldness under a wig). Just needs to put on a few pounds. I remember a while back when he guest-starred on Friends that he was wearing the Homer outfit. The white shirt and blue jeans.:D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But I will eat my own faeces if anyone can come up with a better MR BURNS than IAN MCDIARMID!!
Ooooo! I hope someone does!!! :D I want to see the pictures too!!! :laugh:

Remember when Homer saw the movie where the guy drank the urin?
Homer: (laughing) "In real life, he'd be dead!" :D

Brenton

Screenwriter
I still like someone's suggestion from earlier in the thread (sorry, too lazy to go see who) of Adam Sandler as Otto.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I think Christopher Lee could be Burns.

I'm surprised we really haven't seen many suggestions for Lenny, Karl, Eddie or Lou. I'd say Eddie Murphy as Lou.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks