What's new

Simpsons Live-action - Ideal Cast ? (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
How about a Roger Rabbit-style movie? With animated Simpsons in a real world.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
For some reason Harrison Ford has always clicked with me for Skinner.

Lenny Truett

Agent
Well, since it hasn't been added, the obvious coice for Sideshow Bob is Kelsey Grammer. That was easy enough.

Did I miss it or did no one nominate Yeardley Smith for Lisa. Again, very obvious.

And just for fun how about Bobcat Goldwaith as Moe. Haggeled looking with a scratchy voice shouldn't be much or a streth for him.

What about the rest of kids? Ralph, Nelson, Flanders Kids, Milhouse, etc?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I think Harry Shearer should play Principal Skinner.

Isn't Yeardley Smith a little old to play Lisa in live action?

Real Name
Anthony
Well spotted, Scott DS!:emoji_thumbsup: This guy's pretty damn good.
I think his best ones are -
HOWARD STERN as OTTO
JOAN CUSACK as MISS KRABAPPEL
and get this one :D AL GORE AS REVEREND LOVEJOY !!
That knocks my Garry Shandling out the tree !
Drew Carey for Homer isn't half bad either. I can see him better than Jason Alexander.

BUT - all that good stuff is virtually undone by the idea of
TOM ****** SELLECK PLAYING NED FLANDERS :angry: !!

So Ray is my man of the moment for HARRISON FORD as PRINCIPAL SKINNER :D :star: :emoji_thumbsup: !!
How great would that be ? It'd be so nice to see him get that poker out his *** for a while.

I'm beginning to want to see this movie and that scares me.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
JOAN CUSACK as MISS KRABAPPEL
I still like my idea of Joanna Cassidy as Ms. Krabapple. She has the whole droll, deadpan thing down cold.

I thought of the perfect actor for Smithers but he's a character actor and his name isn't well known, although I gaurantee you've all seen him before. His name is Mark L. Taylor and he was in Innerspace (a technician at the lab), Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (the owner of the big RV for Matt Frewer's ill-fated fishing trip), and an episode of ST: TNG (The Ensigns of Command).

Richard Herd (Admiral Paris from ST: VOY and Mr. Wilhelm from Seinfeld) could play Superintendant Chalmers.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Chris Farley may have been a good Homer, but he would have been the perfect Barney.

Steve Buscemi as Moe?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I always figured they modeled Edna Kabappel after Marcia Wallace. So I gotta go with her for Mrs. K.

This might be a long shot, but I can almost see Ben Stiller playing Moe (if they uglied him up a bit)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
As far as looking like the character, I can't see anyone but Justin Guarini from "American Idol" play Sideshow Bob. :)

Drew Carey is a great suggestion for Homer.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
And it's still JASON ALEXANDER, imo, as front-runner for Homer and MIRA SORVINO as Marge, though neither one is perfect. Feel free to disagree. We still need SMITHERS, GROUNDSKEEPER WILLIE, SKINNER,
KRUSTY, SIDESHOW BOB, MOE etc
BTW, the Howie Long and Duffman thing is great:D

But as for the other cast, How about:

Flea as MOE
He would kill in this role! I am thinking Oscar nomination if he ever did this part. Either him or Steve Buscemi.

Ricky Jay as COMIC BOOK GUY
Don't argue it, just accept it as a given.

Robert Carlyle as GROUNDSKEEPER WILLIE
Can you imagine if he could channel some of his Begbie into the character of Willie? It would be incredible!

Paul Giamatti as CHIEF WIGGUM
I just think that he would kill this character. Very similar to his character in Donnie Brasco

Gary Cole as PRINCIPAL SKINNER
You all know who Gary Cole is. Who else could master Bill Lumberg and Mike Brady! He would be perfect, I think.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman as SMITHERS
Even though he looks nothing like him, I could totally see PSH really just GET the gist of Smithers. Watch The Big Lebowski again, and see what I mean. Either PSH or Dylan Baker, his costar from Happiness.

Ralph Fiennes as SIDESHOW BOB
Since Kelsy Grammer is too fat to play bob, I think that Ralph could do an admirable job. If he doesnt bite, then Gary Oldman could be amazing in this role as well.

Jerry Lewis as KRUSTY
I am not sure if he is young enough, or healthy enough, to do any more roles, but he would hit this one out of the park.

Minnie Driver as MARGE SIMPSON
She already has curly hair, a raspy voice, and an air of sadness around her that makes you want to sympathize with her. Just dye it bleu, and voila, Margorie Bouvier Simpson

Bruce Willis as HOMER SIMPSON
He's bald, he's angry, he has permant 5 O'clock shadow, and his profile is an exact match to Homer Simpson's (Take my word on this). I have to give credit to my bro who suggested this, but it is genius.

Alt HOMER: Peter Stormare
Looks almost exactly like Homer, but is a little too Russian to play the part. Maybe he could play Herman, where Herman becomes a Russian General instead of a Detroit Carmaker.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
We played this game at work, where we all voted on who would be cast as a Simpson character if a live action movie were cast from only our group. They couldn't agree whether I would be Homer or Moe.

We also voted upon which actor would play us if they ever made a movie about our group at work (hey, there was already a book published about our group) and they agreed that I would best be played by Tom Arnold.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks