What's new

Simpsons...Hilarious! (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I just watched the last half of Simpsons, and I died laughing.

Here are some of the good points:

1. When Apu "got so mad he fell asleep"

2. The typical lawyer

3. The New Yorker

4. Milhouse's dad

5. McBain on TV

6. The nametags

7. The very end (which I found out connected with the beginning of the show...and from what i was told, the beginning was hilarious

8. "Let me lick your fingers...meet me at the mailslot"

9. Lenny in the New Yorker

This episode brings me to my next point. Each new episode is either a consistent hit or miss. I'm glad this one was a hit for me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Personally, it didn't connect with me like last week's episode did. It just seemed like a rehash of the Milhouse's parents/Simpsons remarry episode with the hollywood ending.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I thought the blackboard in this episode was hysterical. It said something like "I will not lie about being cancelled."

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
I found only about three to four things funny. One of the best being Homer's left eye.

And I was shocked to see Bart write that on the chalkboard. Pretty nice jab at the media who misconstrued Matt Groening's words.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
I was very underwhelmed by tonight's episode. It's especially disappointing after the excellent one last week. It still got a couple of laughs out of me, though:

1. Homer walking home backwards.

2. "Mm, that's good adultery."

3. The badminton sexual innuendo scene.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
This was a pretty good episode.
1. Homer walking backwards was great
2. His left eye was funny as hell
3. Him doing the Godfather wedding song (wasn't sure if this was in the original Apu wedding episode
4. The sucking up to the WWII vets
5. The lawyer
6. Lenny in the New Yorker
7. Whenever Homer whipsers. The "I think she likes you." line was classic. :laugh:
-Dean-

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
I got a big laugh out of Apu telling the gal during the heat of passion "you've had less that 8 children, haven't you?" oh hell that was funny.

Homer's left eye went crazy when he was trying to keep quiet about the apu/squishee girl tryst...of course Marge got it out of him.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I like Apu's line (I'm paraphrasing here) "I've been madly in love with you since the day my mother forced me to marry you".

One of the better episodes this year.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I got a few laughs out of this one, but not as many as usual. Homer telling Marge, "you're not in any physical pain, the only kind of pain a man can understand" was funny though.

Rob

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
What's with the walking backwards and the strange music?

Is that a reference to a movie or TV show?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Like the previous episode, I was left feeling so-so. I enjoyed it, and thought some scenes were particularly clever (the badmitton game) but I wasn't laughing non-stop like with the better episodes. The Civil War scene was my favorite part, particularly the Professor's entrance "...and the web made of Ny-lon!" (He alway cracks me up).

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, I don't know if it was a reference, but I laughed so much during the walking backwards thing, and then even more when they did it again with the ladder at the end. I laugh just thinking about it. :)
Otherwise it was a decent but not great show.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
"This keg had dents in it - Apoo" was funny, and "C'mon, Apu! We need more Indians to shoot for the Civil War reenactment."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Rob, "There's so much that's wrong with that sentence, I don't know where to begin". :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks