What's new

Simpsons-End of credits outtakes (1 Viewer)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Has anyone noticed since this new season started, they put unused scenes at the end of an episode? It happened in the Chloe episode (Lisa praying to SpongeBob) and in the T-Shirt one after (Bart taunting Nelson to hit his tooth out). These look like completed scenes but maybe left out due to time constraints. I'm sure it's a common to have outtake footage even for the Simpsons, but now it looks like they are putting them over the start of the end credits. The good thing about doing this is FOX has not been split screening the end credits because of that. If it gets down to this, I think they are running out of ideas and need to either end the series or bring in some new writers and producers.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

They put deleted scenes over the credits and you're predicting that the show is out of ideas? That's absurd. This new season is actually pretty great, and I fail to see how the inclusion of scenes that were cut (and cut scenes exists from the beginning of the series) is any indicator of the quality of the show.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they've done it as a way of pleasing Fox execs. Instead of squeezing the screen for a promo to keep people watching until the next show, they do this, so people won't change the channel?

Either way, it's not an indicator of the quality of the show, I think. So far the new season is good (IMO).

/Mike

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Would you rather watch a Simpsons scene or a black screen with yellow text?

That's what I thought.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Is there something in the actors contracts that makes it so they can't squeeze the credits until after the the actors names have been shown?

I noticed a while ago that the credits never got squeezed until after the actors names had been shown on The Simpsons, but on other shows (such as Futurama when it was still on) they would squeeze the credits immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks