What's new

Simpson's 'Backstage Pass' ? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Found this on a UK Site. Guess it will not be released in Good ole Region 1.

Backstage Pass' is a Greatest Hits collection of music-themed 'Simpsons'' episodes including 'A Tale Of Two Springfields' guest-starring The Who, as well as episodes featuring Cypress Hill, Smashing Pumpkins and the special guest voice of George Harrison.

Plus, there's a special featurette on everyone's favourite school bus driver... OTTO!

The episodes contained in 'Backstage Pass' are:

A TALE OF TWO SPRINGFIELDS
Infuriated by a new area code in Springfield, Homer goes on a mission to divide the town in two. As designated mayor of West Springfield, Homer wages war on the East. However, when The Who are scheduled to play East Springfield, Homer takes it upon himself to lead the band to his side of town.

HOMERPALOOZA
Worried he is out of touch with the times, Homer purchases tickets to the Hullabalooza music festival. Although he attempts to blend in, he is rejected by the Gen X crowd. After a freak accident, however, Homer ends up touring with the bands.

HOMER'S BARBERSHOP QUARTET
Homer recalls his glory days of the mid-80s when he was the leader of a phenomenal, chart-topping singing group called The Be Sharps. The band's meteoric success is short lived, however, and Homer is taught a valuable lesson about the importance of family life and the fickleness of a once-adoring public.

THE OTTO SHOW
After attending a Spinal Tap concert, Bart has dreams of becoming a heavy metal rocker. As an encouragement, Homer and Marge buy a guitar for Bart. Otto demonstrates his ability on Bart's guitar, causing the school bus to run late. Upon losing his job, Otto is forced to move in with the Simpsons.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I hate this. I bought the Movie one from Amazon.co.uk and I watched it on my computer that was switched to Region 2. Why don't they do this in the states? I'd be perfectly happy to re-buy these episodes in 5 years. I love all the ones available on "The Simpson's Film Festival." The Mel Gibson one is one of my favorites.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Because Fox US is committed to season sets in the US, finally, after years of being screwed in the US, 1 company gets it right the first time in the new format (DVD) and stays the course.

I'm very happy to have things stay how they are

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
By season is the way to go.

Perhaps as a companion set these themed sets can be put out for casual fans. But I stopped buying the South Parks the minute they went to themed sets only.

It's very annoying when you want ALL the shows.

Richard cash

Stunt Coordinator
i definatly think releasing them by seasons is a far more sensible way of doing things but they are so slow in comming out that i just give up with the whole simpsons thing.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Seasons are more sensible, but they're taking way too long to release them. I like every season, but the best ones (i.e. 4-10) won't be released for another few years. By the time we get every season, it won't be until 2010! Season 3 *may* get released in December, but right now it looks like a season a year (considering the first one was released all the way back in September).

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I certainly prefer the season sets that are already on the way. If only season 2 would just get here!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I just don't understand the film industry. I am in total agreement about the seasons but the way they are going I am going to buy the last few seasons with social security checks.
Maybe they could start releasing them in 5 season sets for real fans and run out the years individually later

They spent the money on transfering and packaging already, why not release it in the states too? The halloween specials would be another cool one to let out. That'll probably be released in those big simpson's fan bases like Brazil and Moldavia

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Because they'd have to totally recompress it for NTSC, and Fox US has a season by season policy

If you want the disc, buy a region free player, hack your DVD-ROM or whatever

Otherwise, just tape it off of syndication. Those eps come around every 3-4 months

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I have both the R2 themed discs on release, they were very cheap and nice to have alongside the season sets (which Fox continue to do in the UK alongside the themed ones it should be said). They could cram a 5th episode onto each disc mind you.

Dan

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
simpsons season sets are awesome, but thay would be a lot better they actually released more than one of the currently 13 season. i think they should definitely look at the current shows and realize that theyr better off stopping the show and releasing all the shows made so far on DVD season sets. well, just my $0.02. l8rz

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.