What's new

Simpsons 3-31-02 (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode, in which the Simpsons go to Brazil, was the funniest episode in long time, and the best of the season so far. For me it ranks up there with the Australia and Japan episodes.
I loved the jabs at Brazilian childrens' programming. :D

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Lisa said if we followed the clues we would know what state they live in... anyone know some of the clues? I am sure they are refering to clues given during the entire series.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Frank, I think that comment by Lisa was just to yank our chains. In the past few years, the Simpsons have taken a lot of jabs at hardcore fans. This is why, for example, the Comic Book Store guy has been given a lot more screen time. One thing that fans obsess over is the Simpsons' home state. Their refusal to name the state is part of the running theme of how the Simpsons represent the average American family. Springfield, I believe is the most common city name in the US. The whole gag is that it doesn't matter what state they're in.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I said it before and I'll say it again, thank you for the sudden flood of itchy and scratchy , I have never in the run of the Simpsons ever not laughed my rear end off at one of their apperences.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Are you guys sure this wasn't a rerun? At least here, it had the shortened title sequence that is normally used in syndication.
Anyway, this was a great episode, with so many good laughs, especially from Homer and the kidnappers. When he called to ask Moe for $50K, and Moe first asks Homer for $50K, Homer agrees, and then calls another person and says "I need to borrow $100K" that just killed me, for some reason. :)
/Mike

Luc D

Second Unit
You guys thought this episode was good? If you ask me this was the weakest show I've seen this year and ranks up there with the Africa episode as one of the worst ones of all time! There's absolutely no edge to the comedy and they're relying far too much on cheap characterizations and slapstick. This type of Family Guy humour just doesn't work with the Simpsons, I think.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Not a rerun. Several first-run episodes cut into the title sequence in order to make room for content within the episodes. They've been doing this since Season 1.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Although I thought the episode was uneven, I've got to admit I almost died laughing when the guy at the phone company got upset when someone hung up on him because he was trying to get them to switch long distance.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Though it wasn't exactly innovative, the scene with Homer trying to reconnect service slayed me.

First, I'll try the red one. AAAHHHH!!!

OK, the blue one. AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Try the red one. AAAHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

BOTH TOGETHER. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Back on the couch

How did I get here?

You were smoldering in the bushes.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The return of subtle references to things in movies and TV seem to be coming back.

I like the title of Lisa's travel book, " who wants to be a Brazilionaire"

I'm not sure if any other travel episode will top the Japan episode (Battling Seizure Robots).

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Have any of you watched spanish or italian kids' shows, by the way? They're just like the Brazilian one in "The Simpsons", it's always fascinated me. :)

Guy Martin

Second Unit
"This is a kidnapping"
"That means I don't have to pay the fare right?"
"Um, er, yes I suppose"
:) :) :)
Funniest episode in a long time imo!
Incidentally if you watch closely the Simpsons live in the state of "North Tacoma". Evidence includes the NT state markings on car lisence plates, a brief shot of Homer's driver's lisence in one episode and a few other hints for the observant. I think North Tacoma is somewhere in the middle of the US based on the part of the map that usually gets blocked when someone on the show asks where they live:)
- Guy

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
They live in Missouri, don't they?

They said it on the "Behind the Music" parody episode.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
There were different versions of the Behind The Music parody with different states dubbed in. The one I saw said Northern Kentucky.

Ryan

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
If you watch that "Behind The Laughter" episdoe again, read the credits carefully...

There is a cryptic message that says: "We're not from insert state here."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks