What's new

Simpsons 2/6 (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, at least Seinfeld revealed Kramers first name in a funny way and just didn't do it as a side-bar. It's the way they handle these reveals, is what bugs me. It cheapens the whole mystery and is almost insulting to us fans.

Remember the flashback of Moe and the crank call where he says "And that's the origin of that" :rolleyes:CHEAP!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I think it would still be funny if someone called Comic Book Guy by his real name, and he simply denied that was his real name, and said that Jeff Albertson was one of his many identities.

Other than that, really it wasn't a big deal for me, it was kind of like that awful episode where we realized that Skinner wasn't the real Skinner...and now that has pretty much been forgotten.

This too shall pass.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Nooooooooo! Just when I had completely blocked that piece of shite from my mind, it comes roaring back. Make the bad memories stop!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

:D

As for the Super Bowl Simpsons, one word: 'meh'. It wasn't good, it wasn't terribly bad... it wasn't funny either but them the breaks.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

Remember the judge said they aren't supposed to mention it again... it sounded like the writers came to their senses at the last minute.

Its also funny how Flanders said to CBG.... "I'll just call you friend."

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think the whole point of the "Jeff Albertson" joke is that people speculated about his name for years (Matt Groening often joked that he would name him Louis Lane) and he was called "Comic Book Guy" in several unlikely situations on the show when any real person's real name would have either been used or revealed to those who didn't know it, and when it was finally revealed it was completely pedestrian and unremarkable with absolutely no fanfare. The fact that people are upset about it validates the greatness of the joke as far as I'm concerned.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Sorry David, but this discussion brought the bad memories back to my head so I had to share my pain with others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks