What's new

Simpsons 2/6 (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Yay Nintendo! I agree, the best moment in the show. (Marge could have used rescuing, though!)

"Our halftime show brought to you by Ford, (something) and Moe's!"

I thought Burns as the Columbia Pictures lady was hilarious!

Great show!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'd give this episode a "B-" but if "American Dad" had aired before it rather than after it, it would have been a solid "A". Any critic of the supposed "weaker years" of "The Simpsons" needs to look no further than the abysmal quality of the show's competition. The level of quality the show has maintained is downright miraculous when you're faced with how bad it could be, and with both "Family Guy" and "American Dad" coming soon in regular installments, the power of "The Simpsons" will be made apparant on a weekly basis.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I loved the line "I'm the worst thing to happen to sports since Fox!"

Probably since I can't stand watching any sporting event on Fox, especially with Joe Buck as the announcer.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I don't mind Joe Buck so much as the stupid graphics and sound effects. It seems every game you watch you see less of the game and more graphics. They make it look more like a video game every year. Pretty soon the game itself will be up in the corner in a box. I also have to turn down the rear speakers as it drowns out the commentary.

Mark

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
What time did the episode air last night? I taped the show (I hope), setting the VCR from 10-11.30 pm, so I am keeping fingers crossed that I got it.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Oh and who can forget 'Scooter' from the World Series, explaining every pitch.

To get back on subject, near Boston where I'm currently at, the Simpsons episode aired at around 11:30-11:45 I believe. I'm almost positive though that other areas didn't get as much post game coverage as we did.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Fox started The Simpsons at about 10:45 last night so you should be good.

The Philadelphia affiliate (just like the Boston one apparently) wasted another hour talking about the Eagles loss before starting the episode.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I also liked the line: "I'm the worst thing to happen to pro sports since Fox."

I thought it was a fun enough show...would've liked to see more of Warren Sapp, and LeBron James though.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
This episode was funny enough. I did like "The Passion of the Christ" spoofs with Ned's ultra gory/violent bible films that had everyone cringing through them then applause at the end.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The weakest of the competition is not what it should be compared to. Sure, "American Dad" was abysmal. But compare any modern "Simpons" to any "Scrubs" or "Arrested Development", and it just doesn't stack up anymore.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I just don't get why in the last few years the writers feel like they have to make all these character changes and reveals. You had Barney quitting drinking (although he might be currently off the wagon) Lisa going Buddhist, The reveal of Comic Book Guy's real name and in an upcoming episode, one of the characters is going to be outted. It's just so unnecessary.

Mark Hawley

Second Unit
I actually thought it was pretty funny that he finally says his name "but everybody calls me Comic Book Guy!" It's just a little throwaway gag.

Did anyone thing that the plot threat of Homer being recorded dancing then having it broadcast all over the internet, humiliating him was a reference to that Star Wars kid a couple years back?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks