Simpsons 12/15/02 - how did it end?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MickeS, Dec 17, 2002.

1. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I missed the end of the show. Who turned out to be the person trying to kill Homer?

2. Tyler DJW

Tyler DJW Stunt Coordinator

It was the son of Frank Grimes, maybe Frank Grimes Jr. He was Homer's mechanic in this episode. The ending seemed a little strange to me. Sorry, I don't really remember the details, I must have been doing two things at once.[​IMG]
    Oh yeah, Frank Grimes was Homer's coworker for an episode who sort of went nuts because he couldn't stand Homer ("I'm homer simpson, D'oh D'oh D'oh").

3. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

Quite obvious he was the person after Homer as he was the only new person in the show. Usually there are generic characters that fill in for other positions. I recognized Grimey's voice too.

Pretty lame episode. They bring "Sideshow Bob" back for no reason. In fact SB had made peace with Bart and Lisa after he helped them foil his brother Cecil's scheme. He went to jail again but it wasn't Bart or Lisa's fault.

I recall that he was brought back last season too for no apparent reason and with a renewed desire to kill Bart.

Look, I don't expect the show to be fresh after 13 seasons and I certainly couldn't do a better job. But why not let it go out with some dignity instead of limping along year after year?

4. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Thanks. I have no idea who Frank Grimes is. [​IMG]
    I don't think it's limping along, I still enjoy it a lot.

5. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

It was all punch lines and no set up. I thought I was watching The Family Guy.

6. Ian_Fisher

Ian_Fisher Stunt Coordinator

I TOTALLY agree with your post Larry. I was telling my wife how I thought The Simpsons has morphed in to The Family Guy! Now, I enjoyed The Family Guy, but that's not the kind of show I expect or WANT to see when I'm watching The Simpsons.
    I feel that this season has been especially weak, which upsets me because there are hundreds of episodes that I deem as some of the finest comedy ever written. [​IMG]
    Sorry, I'm really not trying to thread crap, I just saw Larry's post and felt like I was at a support group [​IMG]

7. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Thanks. And I wasn't knocking the Family Guy. I liked it, but The Simpsons should stay the Simpsons and not try to emulate another show, unless it's a one-time satire.