Simpson-type moment

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarkHastings, Jan 16, 2006.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Well, to compete with the Seinfeld thread, I had to share because no one at work understood the Simpsons reference I quoted this morning.

Apparently someone broke into our building (at work) in the next building over. A co-worker was telling us all about it and was saying that they ransacked a closet. I yelled out "My Spices!" and ran out of the room. [​IMG]

No one got the joke though [​IMG]

2. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

Oh, I get it, I get jokes!

3. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Yea, I dont get it either.. the only simpsons episode that comes to mind is the One where homer builds marge a spice rack, but I dont recall anything that relates to a robbery or break-in, in that episode. Good effort though. [​IMG]

*EDIT: I still think I would have found it funny though, even if i didnt get the reference. Just somebody randomly yelling out "My spices" and running out of a room would probably make me laugh.

4. MarkHastings

LOL - It was the epsiode where Homer moves in with the 2 gay guys. Once Homer finds out they are gay, he's deciding on wether he wants to stay or not and says "I'll have to sleep on it." - then he opens a door and goes in and starts snoring...

To which, the one guy says "He's sleeping in the pantry"

and the other guys eyes get real wide and gasps "My spices!"

[​IMG]

5. Scott_Sch

Scott_Sch Stunt Coordinator

Thank you for mentioning what episode that was from, it was driving me crazy.

Just as an FYI, I would have found that funny too without getting the reference...something about completely random responses that get me some times.

6. MarkHastings

Yeah, I'm always looking to do something goofy. The good thing is, when people find the humor in it, they laugh hard, but if they don't get it, I just get these odd looks like I'm insane!

7. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I would not have known the reference but I definitely would have laughed. But I don't know if that's a good thing...

8. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

Nice one Mark. However, if you want to quote Simpsons and have people (some at least) 'get it', you'd better quote something from seasons 2 - 8. [​IMG] Examples:

"Where's my burrito? Where's my burrito?"

"Default: The two sweetest words in the English language."

"Fiddle-dee-dee. That will require a tentanus shot."