What's new

Simple suggestions to improve future SIMPSONS DVDs (1 Viewer)

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, these are the original uncut episodes. The stuff taken out for syndication has been put back in and the edits have and will be restored back to its original form. Instead of putting the alternate versions back in via alternate audio tracks or seamless branching, I'd rather them talk about it in the audio commentaries or having a seperate extra displaying all the edits. I hate to see altered versions or stuff cut out completely. I can't even remember how many times I yelled at the tv when I noticed a missing scene. It is a good idea though and I hope they will do that in future sets.

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
While watching seasons 1 and 2 I have noticed many scenes that I didn't remember seeing before because they had been cut out from syndication. Another good reason to get them on dvd.:)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
In the episode "Behind the Laughter", the first time it aired on Fox, it said that the "real" Simpson family was from northern Kentucky; the second and third time Fox aired the episode, it was changed to southern Missouri.
Note that the change was made when it reran on FOX, BEFORE it went into syndication. (I think the syndicated version has the original line, but I'm not sure.)

Also, in the first episode of Futurama, there is a reference to "JFK Jr. Airport" that was changed to "Radio City Mutant Hall" after JFK Jr. was killed in a plane crash. The DVD contains the "Radio City Mutant Hall" version, not the original version. (Although the original "JFK Jr." line can be heard in the animatic version on the DVD.) (I know that the thread is about The Simpsons, but since some of the same people are involved with both shows, I just wanted to point out that they haven't always used the original versions of the episodes.)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
#1 A play all option would be great.

What I would like to see is a Random feature to play all the episodes in random order.

I would imagine that few would argue that if your player does manage to have this feature, figuring out which title numbers are the episodes and programming them in would take decidedly longer than clicking "PLAY ALL".
It really doesn't take long at all to program.
Most movies and TV episode dvd's begin with title one.
The first simpsons episode on each disc is title one and the second episode is title two up to title six. Yes it take a few seconds to program but if you don't have a "play all" feature this is a simple way to get around it.

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
Don't you want "play all" and also "start playing on insert"? That way, you can someday load up one of those 200 disc changers, and just run the simpsons on a loop in your home. ;)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Vince, my Sony DVP-NC600 also has the ability to program the episodes in the order I want,and as Derrick said it takes probably 30 seconds max. Also since it's a 5-disc changer, I could conceivably program a "play all" of the entire season and watch it without having to get up once in the 22 episode span. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
How can you ruin the illusion? It's a friggin' CARTOON!
James L. Brooks apparently has a hard on about creating a regular sitcom that just happens to be animated. He wants the audience to "forget it's a cartoon." That's why you don't have the voice talent on these releases but do on Futurama (I'd imagine Greoning has no such issues about using voice talent.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks