Simple questions about Sony 32FS13 TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeEckman, Sep 22, 2001.

1. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

I just plunked down $850 today at Circuit City for the 32 inch FS13 WEGA TV and I love it. I had been reading several of the posts here about these models, and I was really aprehensive about all these people on this board that have geometry and brightness problems, but luckily, my set looks fine...of course, ive only had it for about 3 hours.
    I have 2 questions so far that I cant find an answer to in the manual and I think theyre pretty simple questions, so hopefully someone here can help me.
    1. In 16x9 enhanced mode, everytime I switch the video source from DVD back to TV and then back to DVD, the 16x8 enhancement mode turns off. Is there anyway to keep it on at all times for DVD only, so I dont have to keep turning it back on everytime I watch a DVD?
    2. I like the XDS feature for cable, so I can see which channel Im watching and what program is playing, but it appears that when its on, it wont turn off, unless I go back in the menu and turn it off. Does anyone know if thats how it supposed to work? Is there a way to make the XDS display come on only for the first few seconds I go to a channel and then disappear until I change channels?
    Thanks in advance to you guys. I love my TV, and to anyone who is considering getting a 32 inch non digital TV, this is a great unit and looks spectacular in 16x9 mode!

2. James D

James D Second Unit

I don't know about your second question, but unfortunately in regards to your first question the answer is no. When you leave the video input and then return, the 16X9 is automatically turned off and you must go into the menu to enable it again. I have the 32FS16 and to my knowledge, there is no way to keep the 16X9 enabled. Enjoy your new TV.

3. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Thanks James, thats what I figured. As for the XDS thing, Im sure theres no way around that either. I love the picture quality on this TV, but Sony sure has some ass-backwards ways of doing things.