Simple question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Garrett Lundy, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Quick question: Why doesn't Monster Cable offer any premium cables for Bose products? (The products that use proprietary cables anyway).

2. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

probably because Bose needs to use their own cables to get videostage 5 to work right. [​IMG]

But seriously, I bet its just all about BOSE wanting their name on everything they make

3. Ryan Leemhuis

probably the licensing fees(I would assume there would be some) are not profitable enough to make it worth it)

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

is this a trick question? I will say this much, the Monster Cables that you buy for the xbox are far better than the craptastic ones they include with their kits.

5. Ryan Leemhuis

I don't get what you mean shane....he asked about BOSE products not XBOX.

I still think it has to do with BOSE liking to keep themselves different. They want everything they make to be be different in some way and, in some cases, proprietary.

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Yes, but you'dd think Joe "I like to spend money" Sixpack would be all over a set of Monster THX-Ultra certified wire bundle for a Bose Lifestyle or 3*2*1 set-up like flies on dogcrap.

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Because people who buy Bose think they already have the greatest thing since sliced bread. [​IMG] After spending all that money on those tiny cubes, they don't have anything left for cables...

8. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

My opinion is that there is not a large enough market amongst Bose owners for Monster cable to make money doing this and Noel Lee is all about making money (and nothing else). Why would Monster make a tiny market niche product when there is lower hanging fruit all around???