simple question regarding my Harmon Kardon avr 225

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by David K., May 28, 2004.

1. David K.

David K. Second Unit

just recently i noticed that my volume function on my hk remote no longer raises or lowers steadily as I hold it down, I have to press it once for each notch increase/decrease, as I recall, i never had to do that before,

but just recently ive also been fidling around with a new universal remote and added new large gauge banana terminated speaker cables ive purchsed off ebay.

could any of those be the culprit? any troubleshooters here? did i mess up my receiver?

thanks in advance

2. Aaron Ssikind

Aaron Ssikind Auditioning

Does this happen when you are using the universal remote, the HK remote, or both? If it just happens when you are using the universal remote, it probably has something to do with how it is programmed (or whether it will send the "volume up" signal only once per press of the volume control rather than continuously). (Do the channel up/down buttons work the same way?) I highly doubt it has anything to do with your new speaker wire.

3. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

The volume control is electronic, and as such has nothing to do with any connections you make. If your H/K remote does it one notch at a time, something inside the receiver or remote is messed up.