Simple question about DAC's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Fisher, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

If I connect my Sony CD player to my H/K receiver via optical input, am I using the Sony's DACs or the H/K DACs? I think I would much rather use the H/K's than the Sonys.

THanks for the help.
    ~Paul

2. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Agent

HK DACs

3. Brandon Blair

Brandon Blair Stunt Coordinator

Hey Paul,
    Phil is right, you'll be using the DAC on the H/K, which I imagine would be better than the Sony's.
    How are you liking Birmingham so far? What part of town are you in? I'll be graduating in Dec. and it looks like I'm gonna end up back there afterwards, depends on a few companies I'm interviewing with. One weekend when I'm in town, we'll have to meet up and I can show you around my dad's new high-end Audio/Video store in town. Its called Audio Forest and is located on hwy 280 across from Greystone. Send me an email sometime, its still [email protected]
    War Eagle!!
    Brandon

4. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Hey Brandon,
    Birmingham is alright so far. I'm living in Homewood and working in Bessemer. I do network design for Trillion Digital Communications. We provide wireless high speed internet to schools in the southeast US.
    I would love to see your dads store sometime. It would be nice to listen to some high-end equipment that hopefully I will be able to afford someday. [​IMG]
    I'll email you sometime,
    Paul

5. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

Which is a better DAC Sony's or Kenwood's?

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Brandon said:

7. Brandon Blair

Brandon Blair Stunt Coordinator

Yes, Keith is very correct on all points. I went on a little bit of an assumption that we are talking about a lesser Sony CD player, not one of their top players which would probably be better.

-Brandon