What's new

Simple Minds SACD Greatest Hits (1 Viewer)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Just got my double disc set of Simple Minds on SACD (Hybrid Stereo), and listened to a few tracks.

Wow! "Don't You Forget About Me" and "Alive and Kicking" sound amazing. In listening, I can clearly hear every single instrument and voice, with nothing being blown out. The clarity I'm hearing is just, well, really clean...and clear!

One of my other favorites "Sanctify Yourself" isn't up there with the previous two tracks I mentioned. It sounds like everything (instruments and voice) are fighting for front and center attention, but the end result is a muffled mess (to me).

Haven't compared it to the red book version, but this just sounded great. Thought I'd share, can be ordered from HMV, or found on eBay.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Brian, I too have this set, and the SACD layer is considerably better than the CD layer. That said, I thought that "Don't You Forget About Me" sounded a bit edgy on the SACD layer. Perhaps that is a limitation of the master tape. Still, this SACD is a winner for any Simple Minds fan.

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
Very glad this is out...i will be tracking this down for sure!

Nothing like 80's memories wrapped up in DSD technology :)

CarlP

Agent
I read sometime ago that all of their albums would be coming to SACD. Anyone know any info on this? I waited a year for the Peter Gabriel SACDs and am wondering if it will be a year for Simple Minds as well.

Thanks

NP: King Crimson The Power to Believe

Brian-W

Screenwriter
There's a lot of AWOL SACD titles...still waiting for more Human League and also Roxy Music (announced nearly 2 years ago)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Virgin has been extra slow about getting titles out. I've been waiting over a year for King Crimson's IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING. Roxy Music may not be out but the Bryan Ferry FRANTIC album is purr-dy good. Brian, I have the Simple Minds set too, it's a very decent job on material, some of which, is fairly old. IMO, Simple Minds isn't popular enough for the SACD, all albums released thang in the U.S. In the U.K. they are FAR more pop-ular. I could see the SACD's for that market. Best wishes cat!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks