What's new

Simple DVD and TV questions (1 Viewer)

Jordan K

Auditioning
Ok
I took my Panasonic DVD to my girlfriends place to watch DVD's on her crappy TV. There are two A/V plugins on the front of the set, one video, and one audio. My first question: Is there a converter available that can combine both, or is her TV a mono, and unable for that to work.
Second question, when playing DVD's the picture has an odd throbbing effect every 15 seconds or so switching between light, and darker brightness. I am defiantly not an expert when it comes to this stuff, so help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
1) Her TV is MONO. You can get a y-adapter which will allow you to plug both channels into the mono jack, if you feel that's necessary.

2) The pulse is macrovision. You cannot hook a DVD player up through a VCR, it will kick in macrovision copy protection. If you need the VCR to convert to RF type signal to hook up to the tv, you can get a RF modulator from Radio Shack for 0 that will do the same w/o getting macrovision problems.

-V

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Jordan, 'picture quality'? What, compared to what you have now with the throbbing light and dark picture, or what you would expect from S-Video or Component?

Yes, because a conversion is taking place I suspect there is some effect, however you are watching it on a
crappy TV
anyway. It certainly makes the picture very watchable :) FYI, I use a Modulator for an old TV and DVD I have in a spare room and the picture is definately acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks