What's new

Simple audio mixer (Not DJ related) (1 Viewer)

Im looking for a simple audio mixer that will take two composite audio inputs and mix them into one output.

My current set-up is a bit complicated, but with the materials I have on hand, its the only way to achieve the desired effect. My PC, cable box, and PS3 are all connected to my TV. The audio is output to a Sony stereo, which has "Game Mixing", so I connect my Zune to the "Game" channel, and this way, I can play my music, whether I am on the computer or playing my PS3. I then output from the stereo to a receiver for 5.1 sound. The right audio channel on one of the inputs on the stereo is going bad. The stereo is cumbersome as is, and if there is a simpler way to mix my zune audio with everything else, problem solved.

Id rather have composite, but if I have to, I can do auxillary. Id also prefer something in the sub-$50 range.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Composite?

That's not a term I generally associate with audio.

Anyway, something you might want to look at is, for example, the Rolls MX42 mini stereo mixer. Amazon, B+H Photo and Video, and others have it; it's about $48 plus shipping (or not,) and is a passive mixer. 4 line-level stereo ins, one line-level stereo out, using RCA ports. Passive, so it's unpowered. The reviews at B+H are quite positive.

Or look around; Radio Design Labs (RDL) and numerous other people make equipment that would do what you need at very reasonable price-points. (I'm going into detail about the Rolls above, just as it's the first to pop up.)

Leo

Thanks for the reply.

By composite I meant RCA, so I guess you suggested the right one.

Ill check out RDL, but I really only need two input ports, do you know of anything even cheaper?

Also, when I search for it, Ive tried countless different ways of wording my search query, but 99% of the results are for thousand dollar DJ equipment. What should I be searching for?

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I just used "stereo mixer" on Google.

As an aside, the Radio Design Labs will probably not be cheaper!

Leo

Found this: http://www.electotronics.com/americanrecorderpmix-1003sourcepersonalaudiomixer.aspx

Dont know if youve heard anything about this one specifically. It seems to have some good reviews, and doesnt suffer from buzz at louder volumes like similar ones.

Also I guess its a steal at $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks