What's new

Simon & Simon Season 2?? (1 Viewer)

Duane Alford

Second Unit
That's odd. But Universal claimed Season 1 of Airwolf didn't sell, and had no plans on the other 2 seasons. They finally did release Season 2, it must have sold so good we got the 3rd and final season.

Like that first season of Airwolf, I think it might be a possibility that a lot of people didn't feel like paying full price for what ended up being a half season worth of episodes. I'm sure if they released Season 2 it would sell.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
What is Universal's magic number? Why can't they accept not all shows will do equally well? Shows that ran for many seasons did so because of popularity, so why not give all seasons their day in court?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

I can't answer what the magic # is... One just has to hope they give it another chance and that the second go around ends up working out better than the first . Then perhaps we can get some sort of steady releases every 4 to 6 months or so. I have my fingers crossed that once Magnum wraps up with it's next release that they may get back to Simon & Simon. I am grasping at straws for sure, but atleast it sounds good and keeps a little hope alive for the time being.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I think part of the problem was that maybe at the time, Universal had too many classic titles out all at once, and since Season 1 of S&S was pretty weak (I didn't even like too many season 1 eps) that possibly was the reason for the slow sales.
If they hyped up a Season 2 release, I doubt it would be a weak seller. Or at least as strong as Airwolf, which is already on S3..

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Yeah i think that could very well be the reason for the poor sales. Too much to buy and when you have to decide on something your going to go with the product that gives you more episodes and value for your dollar.

Do you recall those universal inserts they give you with their releases, where they show Knight Rider, Magnum, The-ATeam, Airwolf, Miami Vice and Simon & Simon all on the same flyer. It is interesting to note that everything has been completed, Magnum just has one last season to go and i can't count S4 of Airwolf, Uni may not even own the rights to that. I think most people that collect these shows (i own all of them) want to finish Simon & Simon to the end as well and i just hope Universal gives it another chance! They have the Equalizer coming out in February, i am looking forward to collecting all 4 years of that to, but come on Uni we need more Rick and A.J.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I would like them to finish Simon and Simon purely to actually see the episodes for the first time, I hated what Uni did in 2005/2004 whenever it was where they released loads of older TV shows basically at the same time, e.g Quincy Kojak... and none sold very well

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I suppose Universal should've done it differently, yes, hopefully they've learned and unreleased seasons are coming now...

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yeah, well Magnum is almost up Murder she wrote has got quite a fair bit to go... Columbo - who knows what they're doing..
Knight Rider & A-Team finished a while back
Let's hope...
If these shows that we want were created today, am I correct in saying they'd be out in a flash due to it being much easier and cheaper of converting them to DVD???

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I think that's the point I was getting to. I just wish that Universal would release a statement on whether they plan on contiuing future releases.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, do you think sometimes it may hurt some shows when they are released at the same time as something similar? Examples such as Magnum/Simon & Simon. I think those types of shows draw from the same demographics. At my local Best Buy, they normally have a table for all the new releases. Let's say a non-die hard fan walks in who would like both shows, but isn't willing to spend $70-$80 right then. They purchase one, and not the other. The next week, the table has new releases, and this person forgets about the other one. I've thought that way a few times when I've seen similar cartoons released on the same day.

Of course, there are plenty of examples to the contrary. I know the A-Team/Knight Rider were released on the same day, and both of those series have been completed. But for a few shows on the edge of profitability, perhaps it would be a better marketing tool to stagger their releases.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yeah, I agree with you there JeffO but let's face it you're not really going to find a week where it won't be beat in popularity due to other studios releasing something more popular etc plus with Cagney and Lacey some stores didnt even have it at all, poor advertising on FOX's part as usual...

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Hopefully Uni will finish The Rockford Files, Magnum & The Hulk in '08. Leaving a nice void for '80's classics. I'm really hoping that they will give the Simons another chance!!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I've been holding off buying the Simon and Simon Season 1 set until I hear news about a second season release date.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

Seeing as how we've got two Incredible Hulk sets in two years, I seriously doubt we'll see the other three in one year. I wish though.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't expect the Incredible Hulk to be finished in 2008. With three more seasons left to go, Universal has been spreadking the sets out around 6-9 months between each set.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Note to Universal, we are going to bug you till you get Rick & A.J. back on the case! Great Job announcing Magnum S8, but time to get Simon & Simon moving again. Cue Theme Song!!!!!!!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TVShowsOnDVD have posted a new news article about Simon and Simon. Season 2 is coming out in February 2009 on Region 1 from Shout! Factory.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
This means that Shout Factory could very well be the studio who has acquired the distribution rights to release NYPD Blue as well. Fox Home Video sent me an email awhile back that another studio would be releasing the rest of the series on DVD but wouldn't say who, only hinted that someone else would be releasing it, probably under FHV's supervision.

This is awesome news that more Simon and Simon appears headed our way:

Simon & Simon DVD news: Release Date for Simon & Simon - Season 2 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
this is amazing news... thankyou shout factory! i am in for every season you release!!!!!!!! this just made my day and actually brought a smile to my face, as i have been depressed and suffering since the Mets choked once again.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I'm so happy! I'm glad we have companies like Shout! to pick up the slack for the majors who give up so easily on shows because of their high sales figures quotas. Now if only Shout! would pick up Gimme A Break and let us know if they got Mr Belvedere yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks