What's new

Simon & Simon in Sept! (1 Viewer)

Ed_City

Agent
How great is this news?!

I hope that Universal includes the reunion movie IN TROUBLE AGAIN as a bonus on the s1 set, like they did for KNIGHT RIDER.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yup Great News Indeed!! I just hope Universal will release all 8 seasons like it seems they are releasing all 8 seasons of magnum.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I will definitely pick up any and all Simon & Simon DVDs. I loved the show then and loved it a few years ago when I ran across it on cable.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
Since its a good chance they're replacing the Knight Rider releases (completed) with Simon & Simon, I wonder what will take the place of the A-Team next go 'round.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
John, was Riptide from the same studio? I think it was on for three years, same era, and is an action show.

JeffO

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
A few replacement's for when the A-Team is finished could be: More Airwolf, The Equalizer or Matt Houston. As for Riptide that is owned by Stephen J. Cannell Productions, but the good news is VEI in Canada will be releasing Riptide S1 this fall. But keep in mind it will be a canadian only release ala Hardcastle & McCormick. But i will be ordering as soon as it's available!!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm not eager for the series but while it's not one of my favourite shows I'm going to be placing this on on my list. The theme song for the series is hypnotically addicting and it is after all, quite enjoyable to watch. With Magnum into the second half of the series run, it'll be nice to grab onto something new.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Just remember the theme song for S1 is different then the rest of the series run. It is more a hawaiian type theme than the guitar rift that most remember.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
So was Magnum PI Season 1 until they changed it before the end of the Season to the theme we all know and love.

Ed_City

Agent

Hawaiian? Are you talking about MAGNUM?

SIMON & SIMON's Season 1 intro is pure Tijuana brass, ergo Mexican.

But the Season 2+ intro with the riff rules ALL!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Yea you are correct, not sure why i said Hawaiian. They were showing S&S on tvland about a month ago twice a day on wednesdays before they pulled it just to show the a-team all week. It was weird because some S1 episodes were using the later theme prolly syndicated versions i guess.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
From what i understand universal has made the switch to singled-sided on future releases. The Rockford Files S2 set is 6-disc set instead of 3 dual-sided like S1. So this is a wise decision on their part

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
OHH YEAHH!!
Another great show finally gets it's release!! I really hope this one sells well. I will certainly buy all 8 seasons of this! Too bad that they couldn't bundle a Season 1-2 combo. It would certainly do well!!
Bring 'em on Universal (Single sided please!!)
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks