What's new

Simon and Garfunkel may tour together!! (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Actually Paul and Ringo could team with Eric Clapton and justifiably tour as "The Beatles". I'm of the opinion that they (including George) should have done this for one historic concert when the Berlin Wall came down, as The Beatles really got their start in Germany.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Danny, interesting news. Thanks for sharing it. Wouldn't it be something if they teamed up for a new album? They could write some new material while on the road from venue to venue! For now, I'll settle for a tour. :D

You said:

Who will be next to regroup? Genesis?? Journey?? Van Halen?? Paul and Ringo??
Well, didn't the Police get together for a few songs at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony last year? I'd love to see them tour and put out a new album. Probably wishful thinking. :frowning:

The Doors (obviously sans Mr. Mojo Risin') performed recently on one of the late-night shows. I heard they were pretty bad. They are supposed to tour this year.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Saw a brief report on TV about a performance by S&G tentatively set for the Grammy awards on Sunday; I think they're receiving a lifetime achievement nod. Crossing my fingers that they do "America," and not "Bridge..."

I sincerely hope they do tour. I've seen Simon solo, Simon with Dylan, Simon with Billy Joel, but missed the S&G 'brief reunion' in the early '90s, so this would be a concert-going watermark for me. As far as an album... One can only dream...

By the by, if you haven't picked up Everything Waits to be Noticed (Garfunkel, Maia Sharp and Buddy Mondlock), you should; one of my Top 10 of 2002.

Speaking of Clapton and the Beatles: it was interesting to read in RS about how Lennon suggested Clapton replace George Harrison when he temporarily 'quit' the Beatles during the Get Back sessions. I though this was mentioned on The Complete Beatles, which I haven't seen in years (hope this gets out on DVD someday).

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Keith,

The Police WILL play 3 songs at their induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame this year. The induction ceremony will probably be shown on VH1 in March.

As for Paul, Ringo, and Clapton playing together....they did play together on stage at the George Harrison tribute concert last November/December. I wonder if a DVD of the concert will be available soon? There's always the upcoming Paul, George, and Ringo "jam" DVD, right?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Danny said:

The Police WILL play 3 songs at their induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame this year. The induction ceremony will probably be shown on VH1 in March.
Admittedly, I didn't follow this story too closely when it became clear that Police would not be touring and that they would not be recording again. I thought they already performed at the Hall of Fame.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Um ... S&G have got back together several times over the years, and there was a reunion tour in the early 1980s - I know, I saw the concert they gave at Wembley Stadium. I wouldn't get *too* excited about it if the Wembley concert was anything to go by. S&G's music, even the stuff on the later albums, is quintissentially suited to home listening or small venues. Put in a cavernous stadium, and it just feels *wrong*.

Paul Simon's later works are a bit better for large venues, but I've got to confess that when I saw him on the Rythmn of the Saints tour, I feel asleep (admittedly I was on industrial-strength painkillers at the time, but even so).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks