What's new

SIM2 - repair or replace? (1 Viewer)

MarkVA

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I have a SIM2 Domino 30H projector that is about 5 years old. The bulb just burnt out for the fourth time. There is something wrong with it, because I am only getting about 700 hours per bulb by my estimates. It is out of warranty and replacing the bulb will cost about $600. I don't know the root problem; I have sent it to SIM2 twice, but they just slap in another bulb and declare it fixed. At this point, I think I might be better off just getting a new projector. I am happy with the picture on the SIM2 but really have no idea about how it compares to newer projectors.

Does any one have a recommendation whether to repair or replace? If replace, what projector would you suggest? I would be willing to spend $4000 to $5000 if that gets me a noticably better picure.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
I would send it in for repair one more time just to humor myself. Then ebay it or sell it on videgon, or perhaps use it in a bedroom setup. Then from there I suggest you take a look at the JVC RS2 or the newer RS10/RS20 models, they fit right into your budget and you will have an incredible image. We're talking CRT blacks too. Definitely worth a look.

MarkVA

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Thanks. I spoke with SIM2 yesterday and they suggested the same thing. I guess I have to get it fixed if I want to sell it and hopefully I can get more than the $600 bulb cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks