What's new

Silver Streak DVD? (1 Viewer)

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
I know the release got pushed back a week (to 12/14), but has anyone got any solid information on the aspect ratio?

A lot of online retailers are listing it 4:3, but the initial news was 16:9...

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Well it's a Fox catalog release, and if their recent catalog releases (Jumpin Jack Flash, Kiss Of Death, Jingle All The Way, How I GOt Into College, etc., etc., ) are any indication, it should be a WS/P&S flipper.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
It's a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen edition with basic DD2.0 Stereo sound. Print quality's acceptable - some damage, no discernable restoration work (if it has been cleaned up, the original negs must have been through hell, let's put it that way). Just a trailer for extras (and a few other miscellaneous trailers to entice you into another budget purchase). Well worth the bargain bucket price.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info, Mark.:D

I pre-ordered it from Amazon on the chance that it
was a 16x9 transfer. I would have returned it unopened
if it was a MAR release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am really amazed at the price point
on this DVD. I think I paid about $6-$7
for this DVD through Lasers Edge.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I am seriously considering buying one of these for each of my co-workers to help sales and entice Fox to consider releasing a special edition.

On the other hand, I'm just glad it's finally coming. :D

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Well as usual with Fox catalog titles, Best Buy did not have any available. I don't even know if they're going to carry it in store. The BB website states Store Availability: Not Available.

However, Wal-mart had a bunch of copies in their $5.50 bargain bin. Can't wait to watch it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks