What's new

Silver Spoons - Possible Problem in Future Release (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed that SILVER SPOONS is now up on the Comcast On Demand feature. This is often (but not always) a sign of a show getting a future DVD release, as THE FACTS OF LIFE aired on it a few months before it was announced.

One problem though, I watched one episode and, even though it was listed as 26 minutes, it was only the 22 minute syndicated cut. They even had a gag in the closing credits (where they showed scenes from the episode with the theme song playing over it) that was edited from the actual episode.

So, this may be the episode that Sony releases to DVD, if they ever do release it. And, they may not realize it was the syndicated cut.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ive waited so long for this show, that at this point im desperate enough to even accept the syndicated cuts!Just release it already sony and end the torture !

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Wait until the syndicated cut winds up on DVD to complain about it. Right now, you are complaining about a problem that may or may not exist.

Paul

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

But by the time it is on DVD, it will be too late. Thought I would mention it before.

One thing about the show though, I have to say it doesn't hold up too well. I used to love it when it aired, but then again, I was Ricky's age. Now, Ricky is actually kind of annoying. Jason Bateman though is still very funny.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I don't think you can judge a future DVD release by the status of the Comcast-on-Demand versions.

For instance, one episode of "The Facts of Life" that was uncut on Comcast (and a Columbia House tape) appeared to be uncut, but had 30 seconds missing on DVD.

These are both Sony-owned properties, go figure.

Furthermore, Sony is still using advertising for mythical DVDs of "Maude" and "One Day at a Time" as part of clips in their ads on TV show DVDs.

Still they're under new management, so hopefully we'll see this show released properly at a regular interval (only five seasons).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks