What's new

Silver Receiver::::? (1 Viewer)

DonnyN

Auditioning
Is there any silver colored receivers in the 300-1000 range? I wish Denon came in silver also. (3802)
I would like to have a silver receiver to match better with my decor.
:-P

DonnyN

Auditioning
Is there any more information about this Newcastle receiver?
Logic II capable?
thanks!

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
Link Removed
patriot.gif

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I just saw the Sony 5ES in their holiday shopping web page. It looks like their Wega style as some of their dvd players and vcrs. http://64.35.93.160/pressroom/digita...hoto_id=113797
Now Crutchfield's shows it as black. I wonder if it will be in both colors or if the Crutchfield picture is just a touchup of an older model? Their picture looks like the "5es" on the receiver is edited in.
------------------

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
http://nakamichi.com/
There are some here that are silver, although I'm not sure if they are available here or not.
Oops, I just re-read the site and the silvers are only available in Asia, Sorry.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website
[Edited last by Richard Travale on October 01, 2001 at 10:50 PM]

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Yamaha has some beautiful gold receivers...you could easily find a used dspA1G in your price range...and maybe even a used rx-v1G.

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
Here is an additional link to Newcastle.
Link Removed
[Edited last by Kendal Kirk on October 01, 2001 at 11:52 PM]

DonnyN

Auditioning
Rob: Thanks for the google link! Right after my post, I found all my info. :-P
Geoff: Also, thanks! I think I know which one I want, even though it's kinda pushin' my budget :-p
Phil: Do you happen to know more info. about that sony receiver? I was unable to locate more info. about it????
Richard: I would but soundscape is on the expensive side :)
Thanks for all the help! Any more information would be appreciated :-P
rite now, i'm thinking about the NewCastle R-863 :)
Is NewCastle a reputable company? This is my first time hearing about them.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
This is all I have:
http://64.35.93.160/pressrelease/874 .
Or try crutchfield's but again their info may not be totally accurate until it is really for sale.
I just looked at the Sony picture. It actually says V555ES on the unit. So maybe the silver was only available outside the US? Since 555es is an old unit, you may ask around or call Sony.
------------------

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Donny,
The Sherwood line is very reputable and has excellent build quality. I have two of their receivers and absolutely love them. If music is at all a priority the Newcastle's are the way to go. My local dealer has had several customers trade in used Denon's in favor of Newcastle. I even had a brand new Denon 3300 for a week. When it didn't stand up to my old Newcastle DPL receiver for music, I took it back and went to the Newcastle dealer and got their then top of the line unit (R-945 MKII).
If you have any trouble finding a dealer let me know.
Brian

Frank Frandsen

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about a Sherwood Newcastle product but kinda was let down when they switched production from Newcastle, England to some asian plant. I know the quality is the same but when a company hypes the production location and then closes the plant to save a few bucks I feel ill. Maybe the Sherwood Shanghai name would be more appropriate. :)
Frank

DonnyN

Auditioning
Thanks for all the help!
To bad there's no hands on experience with the R-863 yet. is there an expected date of release?
I heard sept. 5th?
Well, sounds like that's the one I'm hoping for :)
That along with some paradigm mini's :-P
anymore info. would still be appreciated! thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks