What's new

Silver Onkyo 595 (1 Viewer)

Bill Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I know it isn't a real big deal... But how the heck can i get a hold of a Silver Onkyo 595 and Onkyo DVD changer?
Here is the 595

Here is the DVD

I just wish that the US would start selling silver systems again...
Anyone ever get one of these in the us? If so, How?
Thanks!
Bill

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bill, unfortunately, the components you are interested in are only available in black in the US. I'm with you. The silver components are great to look at, and it would be nice if the manufacturers would wake up and offer a choice of chassis color here more often. I regularly read What Hi*Fi? and Hi-Fi Choice out of the UK and am always impressed by the look of silver or champagne components available over there. What Hi*Fi? featured the Denon AVR-3802 receiver and DVD-2800 DVD player on the the cover a couple months ago. Both were shown in champagne and looked sweet. Sony's ES SACD players always look nice in champagne too. Back in the summer, I came very close to ordering a Sony MDS-JA555ES MD deck from a web retailer in the UK because they had it in champagne. In the end, I decided to make things easy on myself and order it from a US dealer in black. If only the manufacturers would give us more choices here. Still, things are better today than they were a couple of years ago. Sony, JVC, and Panasonic are offering some DVD players in a choice of silver or champagne and black. Still, that's not enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks