Silver coinage value?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Watson, Oct 23, 2002.

1. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Does anyone know if Canadian pre-1966 silver coinage has any premium over face value? When the silver content was eliminated decades ago, a lot of people were buying up the old coins, not for numismatic value (most of them had none) but for the silver content. I've recently come across $25 face value on dimes and quarters, and wondered if it was easy to get more money for the silver value from them. Thanks! I might be able to buy 2 DVD's if I'm lucky!

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Finding anyone to give you anything is the tricky thing.
    Good Luck!

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Sure is coin collecting isn't quite what it was in the early 80's. It's to bad too. I've got a bunch of the older silver dollar I'd like to part with[​IMG]
    Brent

4. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

the usual offer is 2 times face value, my uncle is a coin dealer, you would have to sell them locally, the cost of shipping them is probably to high to make it worth shipping them

5. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Thanks guys, I'll try a dealer, 2 x face value would be nice. PS, Brent if you do sell make sure the silver dollars aren't the "good" dates, unless you're getting a proper premium for them.