What's new

3D Silver Age 3-D 1966 - 1997 (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Somewhere I saw mention of Revenge of the Shogun Women. Is that it?

No, Bob mentioned that that title was being pushed back to later in the year to work on another Silver Age " title that will definitely interest you! " and "you will NOT be disappointed! "

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Well, if it isn’t Friday the 13th Part 3 or Spacehunter, I might be a little disappointed. :D

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Well, if it isn’t Friday the 13th Part 3 or Spacehunter, I might be a little disappointed. :D

I saw Friday the 13th Part III on original release and loved the 3D.
I saw a 3D Print in Philadelphia two years ago. Great 3D, but it is an uncommonly awful movie. Amateur on every count except for the 3D. Maybe the most awful performances in a movie released by a major studio.
I love 3D, but all I could again stand to see from this movie is a best 3D moments. Nothing more.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw Friday the 13th Part III on original release and loved the 3D.
I saw a 3D Print in Philadelphia two years ago. Great 3D, but it is an uncommonly awful movie. Amateur on every count except for the 3D. Maybe the most awful performances in a movie released by a major studio.
I love 3D, but all I could again stand to see from this movie is a best 3D moments. Nothing more.
My understanding is that they were only concerned with the shots and 3-D cameras working and if they did, they didn't care how terrible the performances (or effects) were. Based on the movie, I tend to think that's true.

And it's sold out but they're playing it again in Philadelphia next Friday... the 13th.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
My understanding is that they were only concerned with the shots and 3-D cameras working and if they did, they didn't care how terrible the performances (or effects) were. Based on the movie, I tend to think that's true.

And it's sold out but they're playing it again in Philadelphia next Friday... the 13th.

I never get tired of watching Friday Part 3 in 3D. I'd estimate I screen it at least 7 or 8 time per year!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I never get tired of watching Friday Part 3 in 3D. I'd estimate I screen it at least 7 or 8 time per year!
I've loved the movie since I was a little kid but it is one of my least favorite F13s. I was so happy to have gotten to finally see a 35mm print of it a few years ago. The 3-D and seeing it with a crowd helps to overshadow the movie's shortcomings.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I'm hoping the title will be Andy Warhol's Frankenstein.

I've got a copy of the film in 3D (faded color) and it's got to be the worse of all the 3D films I own. I've watched it maybe 4-5 times and had eye strain every time.
I'm done watching it!!!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I'm hoping the title will be Andy Warhol's Frankenstein.

I saw this in 3D at the Robert E. Lee Theatre in New Orleans in the 80’s during a rerelease. I really enjoyed it. My main remembrance was a spike with human entrails being shoved out into the audience.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I saw this in 3D at the Robert E. Lee Theatre in New Orleans in the 80’s during a rerelease. I really enjoyed it. My main remembrance was a spike with human entrails being shoved out into the audience.

Well Allen if it looked good to you maybe I have been using the wrong spacing test loop. I'll have to verify the numbers and run a reel to see if I've been messing it up!! The story line was ok......just bad 3D the way I remember it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Well Allen if it looked good to you maybe I have been using the wrong spacing test loop. I'll have to verify the numbers and run a reel to see if I've been messing it up!! The story line was ok......just bad 3D the way I remember it.

I did not get a headache when I watched. And was mildly impressed with the effects.

The Robert E. Lee Theatre was a Mann theatre at the time. While I found this 3D presentation to be excellent, they did show The Man Who Wasn’t There for a week before they realized they spliced the 1st and and 2 reels together wrong and the rest of the movie was crap for the 3D.

is yours an over under print?

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I saw it at a theatre when it was released and seemed fine. But Robert has mentioned there are scenes where the two lenses were spaced too far apart and can't be corrected. I had the VHD version also at one time.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I saw it at a theatre when it was released and seemed fine. But Robert has mentioned there are scenes where the two lenses were spaced too far apart and can't be corrected. I had the VHD version also at one time.

That sounds like the issue Roland. If they get the spacing wrong, there's going to be a problem. Just about every over/under 3D print from the 80's had at least one or more spacing issues. Only when Technicolor 3D started printing over/under prints and using a better lens did they get it perfect every time. This began in 2010 and lasted several years. (see link)
https://www.technicolor.com/news/technicolor-3d-launches-north-america-more-150-screens

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Still hope for 3D Film Archive to release it. I have the bootleg Friday the 13th 3D Blu-ray and it looks OK so, they can skip that one although, it would look better if they did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks