What's new

3D Silver Age 3-D 1966 - 1997 (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Would have loved to have seen this. A 3D Blu-ray (with the original, full-length Spanish feature as part of the package) would be most welcome.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I'll be introducing the Roadshow version of THE BUBBLE - showing for the first time since 1968!

If anyone here makes the show, please say hello.

So they found the missing footage? The original was 112 minutes and was cut to 91 at the end of 1968.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
After finally seeing the cut footage, I have to say that it certainly enhances the film.

There is one particularly well done sequence when the people are mindlessly walking into a building at night and it's very creepy. There's also a terrific off-screen shot with Deborah Walley doing laundry and the clothesline is hanging into the audience!

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
This was Deborah Walley's personal print!

Outstanding! I wonder what else is out there?

A full version of "Nightbreed" (which TBH, I doubt anyone has actually ever wanted to see) was hiding in plain sight in either the director or producer's home when everyone assumed it no longer existed.
If the missing bits of "Lost Horizon" and "The Magnificent Ambersons" ever show up I may start going to church.:)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Just watched the 1977 chop-socky classic Dynasty, and it was a blast. This brief trailer will provide a flavor ..... :D

I remember "Dynasty" being great fun. It didn't arrive in the UK until the early 80s with the general 3D revival.
My abiding memory isn't to do with the movie itself but of the friend I went to see it with.
"Dynasty"was part of a double feature and when the next movie (not 3D) started it was way out of focus.
My friend, being a rather outspoken American lady with a voice like a foghorn, turned in her seat and shouted at the projectionist, "Take off the 3D glasses!"
At least it proved that one cannot actually die of embarrassment, however much one might wish it at the time.:):blush::3dglasses:

Last edited:

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Any place this can be purchased in 3d?

Doubtful. Bob would be one of the few here who would know whether it would be available now or ever....

I saw it of course (as did Bob) at the 3D fest hosted by Exhumed Cinema/Garagehouse Pictures' Harry Guerro at the Quad Cinema here in NYC. The print was duly scratchy and it was all like a Tarantino grindhouse tribute.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
- I also attended that screening, I think I said hi, but it was quite well attended!

It might also be worth asking Harry Guerro. At a previous screening he mentioned that Dynasty was a personal favourite of his, and as some here will know, he has been pursuing certain films for 3D-Bluray release through his own label. As I recall the way he described Dynasty: just when you think you've seen something totally insane, they top it with something even crazier (or words to that effect).

I expect it would be a reasonably strong seller if a release ever happens. Pop-out fans will definitely not feel short-changed, although I admit I found it violent and repetitive at times. Almost non-stop fighting ... I know a lot of people would really enjoy this. Some of the dubbed dialogue was hilarious. I would not hesitate to buy a 3D release; - perhaps on second or third viewing, I'll actually be able to follow what was going on!

I don't think you stuck around for Revenge of the Shogun Women(13 Nuns), which was too bad. Seemed like that one had an even stronger audience turnout. I thought it was the superior film, although it didn't have anything as iconic as those chain weapon pop-outs of Dynasty. I could just about keep up with it. Same director, so a similar approach in terms of 3-D. I'm certain a lot of people would love to see either of these on 3D-Bluray.

They are very comparable in terms of production value and overall quality, but to read online reviews, Dynasty seems to be the more popular movie, possibly because of the relentless fighting and non-stop insanity. I'm not a connoisseur of the genre, so it may be that I don't get it. Revenge of the Shogun Women is not an especially good or better movie, although I did sense a clear beginning, middle and end, which helped a lot. With Dynasty I was quite lost, enjoying it purely in terms of what the 3-D had to offer! A few observations on that note: I felt their technique for out-of-screen arrows was more successful than that of 'Comin At Ya', (which screened earlier that week). As I recall, the opening titles appeared in just one eye!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks