What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Silve and black RSP-1066 picture (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I don't have any pics readily available. I think I can describe it for you though.
I have two StudioTech PS-4 audio rackshttp://www.studiotech.com/racks/zr.html (one on each side of my TV). The left rack has my DirecTivo and 3 game consoles (PS2, Gamecube, & Xbox). This rack also has a JVC component video switchbox. These 3 consoles send their video directly to the JVC keeping long cable runs to a minimum.
The TV (Wega XBR400) sits on last year's Sony Wega stand. Inside the enclosed cabinet resides an Atari Jaguar, Sega Dreamcast, and N64 (these revolve and could easily include my other systems). There is a Sony S-video/composite video switchbox hidden in there too.
So, I can have up to 8 consoles connected to the HT with only using two video inputs on my current receiver (one component and one S-video).
It sounds like a lot but the cable mess is very manageable this way. There are some guys in the Game forum here that have HUGE collections.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I should add that controllers are what can create a mess. I haven't totally solved that yet but I'm working on it. :)
Sorry if we veered off topic a bit.

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
Camp, please don't take my MP3/minidisc comment as a rip on your system, it is more a idealogical situation that I have with music that is getting worse in quality NOT better, that I feel I don't want to support that format, that Is why I am supporting DVD-A and SACD, as well as DTS. I don't own $5500 speakers (just $2000 B&W CDM7NTs mains and a $2300 2 channel Marsh AMP-just mild stuff), but I can already hear a HUGE difference with CD red-book and DVD-A and SACD, so much so that I hardly ever listen to my old CDs anymore. Thats all I am saying, some people like thos convience of MP3 and minidisc, I just don't happen to be one myself, But I don't fault others who do.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Amy @ Rotel E-mailed me on Thursday.The 1066 is B/O until the 3rd week in June.That goes for the black,or my;) silver & black.She knew I was from Canada,so you guys in the U.S might see it earlier.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Rodney,
No offense taken.
You hit the nail on the head: MP3 is a convenience. It's a replacement for CDs in my case. I got sick of organizing discs (and loosing them!) so I figured out how to best encode them and threw every song on my hard drive.
There is no way that level of audio can compete with SACD or DVD-A. It isn't supposed to. It's just an easier way to manage my CD collection. :)

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
I just received a brochure with the silver components from Rotel, the power light in them show as red, as opposed to the link provided above in the first post by Legairre. I hope they decided to go with the soft blue light, I know it sounds petty, but it looks awesome. I hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Outlaw thing with the green button!;) All joking aside though, that is what really struck me about the new Aragon units, they look awesome!:emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne
Rotel told you the 1066 is B/O until 3rd week of June. My dealer told me he would have two silvers late this week and a couple of blacks next week. Something doesn't sound right, especially since he told me my 1066 should have arrived May 1.:frowning:

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Since Wayne is in Canada. It could be that the Canadian dealers are receiving their's the 3rd week of June. Maybe the US dealers are receiving their's earlier. Let's hope for the best. My dealer told me mid-June 2 weeks ago. I hope it's earlier.:emoji_thumbsup:
Steven,
It's a minor thing, but give me the blue light and the blue ring around the volume knob too. If I'm spending my money looks count:b. I like the Aragon too.

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
I don't know Legairre, I actually got mine a heck of alot earlier than alot of people in the states. I think 8 were shipped to Canada and I had mine for about a week before I heard of anyone on this forum getting one. Maybe the stores you are dealing with aren't doing their homework? Who knows.:confused:

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
Out of curiosity, how common are the actual LED's that Rotel and other companies use. Can you pick up replacements at Radio Crap or what? I would love to replace my Aragon (I have a couple of 2004's with the green round LED's for power) ones with blue. I wonder if it is a standard LED or not. If you feel my question does not belong here, please feel free to ask me to move it, I know how much I hate people going off topic, but with the silver version coming, it just gave me the idea to somewhat match things up.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Steven,

I was refering to the silver ones. My dealer has/had at least one more black one in stock. I know this because it was mine. When I went to pay for mine that's when he said the silvers are coming mid-June. I then told him to go ahead and sell my black one to someone else and I'll wait for a silver. As far as I know no one has any silver ones yet, but there are black ones floating around.

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
Legairre,

Wow you sold your black unit and waiting on a silver. Do you have any other silver componets? So far been waiting 3 weeks for my dealer to score a 1066

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Michael,
I don't know if I'd really say I "sold my black unit". I ordered it a while ago and when it came in, I went to pick it up. I had just finished paying for it and the dealer said we're getting in the silver units in mid-June. I thought real hard, "hmmmm leave with the black one or wait for a silver one". Since my HT is completely taken apart because we're moving. I figured I can't use it now so I might as well wait for a silver one. I told the dealer just keep my money and sell the black one to someone else. We agreed that my money would go towards the first silver one that comes in. That's how I ended up paying for my silver unit before it's even come in. That's how I became an owner, but not a posessor. So I didn't really sell it I just kind of gave it back.
I don't have any other silver components, but the silver 1066 will look great on the top shelf of my rack. It may not match my Rotel 1095 amp or other components in color, but I love the look of the silver anyway.;)

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure that was a hard decision, but what color is the rest of your gear. Mine is all black; so far hehe. Just concerned a little on the WAF and looks. Made me get rid of my electrostatics in the family room when we got married.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
All my stuff is black. I figure since the 1066 has the black handles and silver faceplate. It will look great on the top shelf with everything black beneath it. At least the handles are black. I just can't pass on the looks of the silver. It makes the unit look like it's much more expensive.:emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
I agree the silver look much more elegant, similar to the Mark Levinson gear. I'll need a multi-channel amp later anyways, currently running a two channel amp. Now to sell my wife - I should say manage my wife's expectations. I'll let you know if the silver comes in this week.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Thanks. If you get yours I hope mine isn't too far behind. Just let your wife see the silver next to the black. I think she'll(I mean you'll) make the right choice. I know what it's like getting the wife's approval on how HT gear looks.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Good morning guys.My dealer in Vancouver has 1 black 1066 left and they won't even sell it!!!! They say they need it to demo,and will take orders until the next batch arrives.There are 3 Rotel dealers up here and to my knowledge,that is the only 1066 up here.Amy at Rotel did say the 3rd week in June,but my guess is their playing it safe with the dates.I'm hoping to have a silver and black in my rack by the 25th.After seeing Legairre's picture,I'm glad they didn't sell me the black one;)

brian a

Second Unit
Most of the Rotel 1066 stuff has come in ahead of date. I think the first shipment surprised a few people when it showed up a few weeks ahead of the public date. When I ordered mine, I was told that it would take three weeks to get it. It showed up in 5 days. I hope you guys have the same luck getting one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emking
Recent bookmarks