Silve and black RSP-1066 picture

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Legairre, May 10, 2002.

1. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

Hey, guys here's a link to a pic I took of the 1066 from and add in a magazine. Damn I'm dying to get my silver and black. I don't know about you guys but this thing looks sweet to me.
    http://pages.cthome.net/lradden/1066.jpg

2. Legairre

Oops, sorry guys. Make that Silver instead of "Silve" in the title.

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Oooo! That's very attractive.
    I just wish it had one more digital input. It just doesn't quite work for me. [​IMG]

4. brian a

brian a Second Unit

What are your digital devices, Camp?

5. stephen_z

stephen_z Stunt Coordinator

Is there official word from Rotel whether the silver/black finish would be at a premium? One Rotel dealer I talked to mentioned charging extra for the finish.

6. Tony Lai

Tony Lai Stunt Coordinator

Ohh baby...

sweet looking box.

Hmm yes.

3 optical, 2 coax is a bit light I must say.

One may need one of those digital director boxes.

T.

7. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I just got the new HTmag in the mail today with that add, all I can say is "WOW!!!" it seriously looks like the much ore expensive devices that come from the new Lexicon, Parasound Halo, Marsh sound designs, aragon, anthem, etc...

this may sound shallow, but it that sounds as good as the new 950, I am all over the Rotel (to me, looks do matter, if the sound is equal or better-OF COURSE!!)

I only have 4 digital imputs on my Parasound right now any way, 2 coax and 2 optical. I am only using 2 out of the 4, so 5 is fine with me!! (how many devices are you guys running on these things??)

8. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Digital inputs:

DirecTivo

DVD

MiniDisc

MP3

Xbox

PS2

CD

9. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

hmm this looks very sweet!

10. Steven Phipps

Steven Phipps Stunt Coordinator

Steve Phipps
    Legairre, does it say DD EX on the logo, can you make it out?

Actually, to answer my own question, it does not, but this may be a prototype, therefore the ones to be shipped would hopefully be updated...guess we'll see.

11. Steven Phipps

Steve Phipps
    AFAIK the silver & black version will not cost any more than the black version. The silver should be out in a couple of weeks, probably a limited number of them (sort of like the first couple of batches of 1066's, could be less), with good availability in a month or so. I was told a while back it would be available June or July, I guess Rotel is making better on their shipping dates again!!![​IMG]
    This is the second time they have told me something was a little further off than it actually was. I like it this way, as a pleasant surprise, it is shipped early without the expectation!!![​IMG]

12. Legairre

Yeah, the pic I took doesn't do the unit justice. It looks good, but in the mag you can really see how it looks like a much more expensive piece of equipment. As for the price. My dealer told me pricing was the same for black and silver/black finishes. It better be, because I already paid for mine. I noticed the lack of the DD-EX logo as well. I assumed the pic was from an early model. I expect production units to have DD-EX on them.

13. Michael Hurst

Michael Hurst Stunt Coordinator

Been lurking here for a while, first post on this forum. The silver looks great, kind of like Mark Levinson gear. I order a RSP-1066 about two weeks ago from my dealer. It was suppose to be here on the 1st. Still waiting, dealer said because of the firmware upgrade no new unit were shipped. Also most of the effort has been to get the silver unit out. He will have two this Friday (5/17) which has also delay shipment of my unit, I can have one of the silvers if I want it. Claims that the black unit will arrive about a week later. If I haven't done business with him before I might think he was talking crap. Gave me a Tara Labs RSC Digital 75 cable for my troubles[​IMG]
    Does anyone know if additional Rotel pieces will be offered with the silver face plate? While I like the look of the silver the rest of my gear is black, don't now how it would look. Some of my gear I will be replacing since it's pretty old. Pre-amp started to die that why I upgraded it first

14. Legairre

Michael,
    A web sight called stereodesign.com(I think) mentioned that all Rotel gear will be offered in silver. They were the first ones with pics of the silver gear a few months ago. Not sure how long it will take for the rest of the gear to come out in silver though.
    BTW. Go and get that silver on the 17th. [​IMG]

15. JohnSC

JohnSC Stunt Coordinator

legairre,

looks hot. Bet you can't wait. Mine is still going strong.

16. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

CAMP, DAng that is a lot of digital inputs. I guess since I hate video games that takes a few of there, and since Minidisc and MP3 offer a far inferior audio qUALITY, I have never been interested in those either. So here is my small list

1. DVD/CD player

2. DVD/DVD-a player

Future possibilities (??)

1. SPare CD player

2. DirectTV

looks like 5 inputs should be plenty for my needs

17. brian a

brian a Second Unit

Camp,

Do you have any analog sources?

I have a PS2 now that I use a digital input for, and have been thinking about replacing it with an X-box. Do you think it's worth while to keep both?

Digital I'm using now:

DVD/HTPC (covers my MP3s)

SAT

PS2

Analog:

CD

DVD-A

That's it for now. I did have a directTivo, but I put it in the bedroom and replaced it with the Hughes HDTV direct receiver.

18. Steven Phipps

Steve Phipps
    The other silver units are coming, in a couple months or so, I believe. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us again and it will be sooner than later.[​IMG]
    Anyhow, I am using a couple of Aragon amps and am unsure if the Rotel could compete, maybe I'll have to have a shoot out of my own!!![​IMG]

19. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

20. brian a

brian a Second Unit

Do you have any pictures of your setup? I'd be curious how you're doing space management with all of the consoles. Even at the times that I've had two around, it's been a mess. I'd be much more willing to add more systems if I had room for them all.