What's new

Silly driving positions (1 Viewer)

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
How many times have you seen this?

Young, urban/hip-hop looking male driving a older foreign sedan (usually early 90's Honda Accords) with the seat all the way back and half reclined. His left arm drapes over the steering wheel, left wrist droops downward, and the body generally is cocked to the right, as if he is sitting on his right ass-cheek only.

What is the purpose of this? Is it cool? Does the car handle better? Do chicks approach them at a stop light? It's even more retarded when the guy is a little skinny dude, who clearly shouldn't have the seat cranked all the way back for fear of not reaching the pedals.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
That's the gangster (predates gangsta) lean. Goes back at least to the '70s, probably further.

They must be old fashioned kinda guys.

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Maybe it is to prevent giving a good target to other "thugs." Of course, the best part of this is when they are driving out of a gated community where the minimum home value is $500,000 and the car was bought by daddy. I see that all the time. These poor kids raised in the tough urban areas of golf course, in ground pools and 3 car garages. Then add the ever present i-pod and the $200 worth of accesories to this class of disadvantaged youth and it is no wonder that they turn out to be so troubled.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

That is the truth. I know "real" thugs and they don't act like that. Its always the kids with the silver spoons that put on a show. As far as the lean goes, a friend of mine who was pretty big (6'3") would lean back in his seat so far that he'd roll down his rear passenger window at the drive thru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks