Silk Stalkings: Complete Fourth Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Keith I, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    I received my copy early so I will describe the set now. The three discs are now double-sided, two in one slimcase and the third in another slimcase. Thankfully, Disc 1 and 2 are on opposite sides of the slimcase, not overlapping each other. Both slimclases are housed in a thinner-than-previous-seasons cardboard slipcase.

There are 22 episodes with no extra features unless you count the trailers for other Anchor Bay TV DVDs when you play the first disc. For the lower price, I guess that is all right, but I hope those who have problems with double-sided discs can play this set.

I haven't watched it yet and I'm hoping that QC was tops so we don't have any of the previous fiascos that plagued this show on DVD.

Release date: Tuesday, January 3, 2006.

2. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info, Keith...I don't have mine yet.

3. WendyCR

WendyCR Stunt Coordinator

Oh, God. Double-sided discs? ARGH! I guess I can expect a lot of freezing/skipping for S4 when it comes. [​IMG] Why did the format have to change?

4. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    I sampled the first 20 minutes and it's the same a/v quality as previous sets: video has noise, audio is fine without being tinny or too low.

Since there are four disc sides to slimcase #1, the episode descriptions are in a smaller size to fit them all on the back. There are no extra lines between episodes so they look squished together. The text for slimcase #2 is also smaller even though there are only two discs sides, maybe to match slimcase #1. But there is an extra line between episodes so it looks like there's room to breathe for the descriptions.

I assume the format has changed to save Anchor Bay money in replicating the discs. However, checking some online retailers, I see that the MSRP is the same as Season 2 and 3 so we're not the ones saving money.
    -