What's new

Silicon Valley - Season 3 (HBO) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
First teaser trailer just dropped:

Looks like that's apparently Stephen Tobolowsky Richard's threatening in that scene. Cannot wait. Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this way more than Game of Thrones Season 6?

April 24th is so incredibly far away right now.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
...Oh, Jared. Still as flawless as ever.

I think Erlich is going to completely steal this season. A start-up that's valued at a billion dollars is called a "unicorn" -- Erlich taking part in a photoshoot for a cover story, maybe? Or he thinks just putting the idea of Pied Piper as a unicorn out there in the universe will somehow make it happen?

Also, Big Head's back at Pied Piper!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 Press Release:
April 6, 2016

EMMY®-WINNING COMEDY SERIES

SILICON VALLEY RETURNS FOR ITS TEN-EPISODE

THIRD SEASON APRIL 24 ON HBO

On the heels of Pied Piper’s legal victory, Richard has been ousted as CEO and is offered the diminished role of CTO, while the rest of his team – Erlich, Jared, Dinesh and Gilfoyle – faces the question of just how far their loyalty extends. With a new no-nonsense CEO hell-bent on transforming everything from Pied Piper’s offices to its business agenda, the guys must find a way to triumph in the war of Art vs. Commerce, negotiating the many competing interests along the way.

Meanwhile, as Gavin Belson works to rehabilitate Hooli’s image following his blunders, Big Head finds himself in a new partnership, and at Raviga, Laurie holds her cards close to the vest and Monica tries to look out for Pied Piper’s best interests.

The Emmy®-winning and Golden Globe®-nominated series SILICON VALLEY takes a comic look at the modern-day epicenter of the high-tech gold rush, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. A collaboration between Mike Judge and Alec Berg, the show returns for its ten-episode third season SUNDAY, APRIL 24 (10:00-10:30 p.m. ET/PT), immediately following the season debut of “Game of Thrones.”

Series regulars include Thomas Middleditch as Richard Hendricks; T.J. Miller as Erlich; Zach Woods as Jared; Kumail Nanjiani as Dinesh; Martin Starr as Gilfoyle; Josh Brener as Big Head; Amanda Crew as Monica; Matt Ross as Gavin Belson; Jimmy O. Yang as Jian-Yang; and Suzanne Cryer as Laurie Bream.

Returning guest stars this season include Ben Feldman (Ron LaFlamme), Alice Wetterlund (Carla) and Chris Diamantopoulos (Russ Hanneman). New guest stars include Stephen Tobolowsky as Jack Barker, Pied Piper’s new CEO, and Annie Sertich as tech blogger C.J. Cantwell.

Episode Synopses:
Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 24 (10:00-10:30 p.m. ET/PT)

Other HBO playdates: April 24 (1:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m.), 25 (3:55 a.m.), 26 (10:00 p.m.), 27 (5:40 a.m.), 28 (10:35 p.m.) and 30 (12:25 a.m.)

HBO2 playdates: April 25 (7:00 p.m.) and 29 (6:30 p.m.), and May 14 (10:30 a.m.)

After being unceremoniously fired, an angry Richard faces a tough decision: accept the diminished role of CTO, or leave Pied Piper for good. Erlich takes a shine to Jack Barker, Laurie’s new choice of CEO, while Dinesh and Gilfoyle weigh their options in Richard’s absence. At Hooli, Gavin tries to improve his image by admitting failure, and Big Head gets wind of major changes.

Written by Dan O’Keefe; directed by Mike Judge.

Debut: SUNDAY, MAY 1 (10:00-10:30 p.m.)

Other HBO playdates: May 1 (1:00 a.m., 2:30 a.m.), 2 (3:35 a.m.), 3 (10:00 p.m.), 4 (4:10 a.m.), 5 (11:30 p.m.) and 7 (2:30 a.m.)

HBO2 playdates: May 2 (7:00 p.m.), 6 (5:30 p.m.), 7 (8:00 p.m.) and 14 (11:00 a.m.)

The new and improved Pied Piper impresses Dinesh and Gilfoyle, but worries Richard; Jared and Erlich both face housing issues; Gavin suggests a controversial move.

Written by Ron Weiner; directed by Mike Judge.

Debut: SUNDAY, MAY 8 (10:00-10:30 p.m.)

Other HBO playdates: May 8 (1:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m.), 9 (4:25 a.m.), 10 (10:00 p.m.), 11 (4:10 a.m.), 12 (10:30 p.m.) and 14 (3:40 a.m.)

HBO2 playdates: May 9 (7:00 p.m.), 13 (6:15 p.m.) and 14 (11:30 a.m., 8:00 p.m.)

Richard searches for a way around Jack; Gilfoyle opens himself up to recruiters; Dinesh draws unwanted attention from a recent purchase.

Written by Adam Countee; directed by Charlie McDowell.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
From tonight's episode:

tumblr_lj57goZvBh1qdjdp1o1_500.jpg

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
How you know Silicon Valley is fucking back: Run the Jewels outro-music.

I love that Erlich drop-kicked a robotic deer. "This one's for YOUR MAMA." "You Stanford cunts fucked up my grill!" He's already killing it.

I definitely agree with Gilfoyle and Dinesh. Richard kinda has a bit of a right to be pissed, but he could have gotten way more royally fucked by Raviga than he actually did. And he was in no way fit to run such a huge company.

Also:

"Jesus Christ, CEO of the world." LMAO

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just rewatched this one:

"Looks like he started a foundation in his mother's name to cure cancer."
"...Shyeah, how's that going?"
"I bet his mother's dead."
"Yeah...that's probably why he started the foundation."

Also:

"It began as an innocent celebration of our arbitration victory. I ordered a Kombucha, which I did not realize contained alcohol. It was described to me as a healthy, organic tea. Next thing I knew, I was 70 miles away wrapped naked in a blanket shaking off a meth-high, and facing charges for attacking a police-horse with a shovel."

26AHzrCG0jXjQWjyE.gif

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not my favorite episode, mainly because it had the necessary but unexciting task of positioning Richard into a place where he'd willing accept the demotion to CTO, but still left me laughing hysterically several different times. Really happy to have this one back.

And I love that it's a sitcom that takes the situation as seriously as the comedy. The rules and strategies of the business and technology developments are clearly presented and obey logical sense.

I love that Erlich drop-kicked a robotic deer. "This one's for YOUR MAMA." "You Stanford cunts fucked up my grill!" He's already killing it.
Nothing encapsulates Silicon Valley in a nutshell like hitting a robotic deer on a dark road.

I definitely agree with Gilfoyle and Dinesh. Richard kinda has a bit of a right to be pissed, but he could have gotten way more royally fucked by Raviga than he actually did. And he was in no way fit to run such a huge company.
The flip side of that is that the episode did a good job of establishing just what a high-value asset Richard is. He had no problems locking down a CTO job, which left him with a lot of leverage to negotiate his return to Pied Piper.

I also really appreciated that they addressed Monica being one of the votes to remove Richard as CEO. Unlike the other Pied Piper board members from Raviga, she is contractually guaranteed her seat. But she is still empowered to that seat by Raviga. Maybe she voted against Richard because she thought it was the best move for Pied Piper. Maybe she voted against Richard to maintain a pro-Richard voice within the company's leadership, as she claimed. Maybe she voted against Richard to save her own job, as Erlich claimed. Frankly, I think she was entitled to her decision regardless of which reason is true. Yes, there wouldn't be a Pied Piper without Richard. But Monica's done far more for Richard than Richard's done for her. If it was selfish move, she's entitled to it. She earned her spot.

Just rewatched this one:
"It began as an innocent celebration of our arbitration victory. I ordered a Kombucha, which I did not realize contained alcohol. It was described to me as a healthy, organic tea. Next thing I knew, I was 70 miles away wrapped naked in a blanket shaking off a meth-high, and facing charges for attacking a police-horse with a shovel."
"Holy shit."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One other thought I forgot to mention: I love that Stephen Tobolowsky's John Sculley-esque CEO is a staggeringly competent individual. He may or may not prove to be the right person to lead Pied Piper into its next phase. But it's clear from his first scene why Raviga wanted him. Mike Judge has gotten a lot of mileage out of corporate incompetence, but the reality is that there are certain qualities that define someone as CEO material. Jack Barker possesses those qualities.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I do think Barker is manipulating Laurie, Richard, and the rest of the Raviga board to name him CEO, and will show his real face after that. He is playing them like a fiddle. (Or, dare I say, like a Pied Piper.) There was something rather ominous about that whole patio-scene at the very end.

Also, OMG LOL, those Flutterbeam fuckboys.

The weird part is, that's actually an amazing piece of tech. Being able to realtime add 3D holograms to a live video-feed could lead to some really interesting applications...but they're simply using it to put Hitler 'staches on faces.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I do think Barker is manipulating Laurie, Richard, and the rest of the Raviga board to name him CEO, and will show his real face after that. He is playing them like a fiddle. (Or, dare I say, like a Pied Piper.) There was something rather ominous about that whole patio-scene at the very end.
He's playing everybody. He did his research on all the key players, and near effortlessly manipulated Erlich and Richard by massaging their egos and nursing their vulnerabilities. Which is exactly the kind of game the most successful executives are masters at. He may or may not know shit about fulfilling Piped Piper's potential. But he's an absolute pro at keeping both his employees and the venture capitalists in line.

Interesting profile from Wired:
The Silicon Valley Boys Aren’t Just Brilliant—They’re Part of a Comedy Revolution

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
He's playing everybody. He did his research on all the key players, and near effortlessly manipulated Erlich and Richard by massaging their egos and nursing their vulnerabilities. Which is exactly the kind of game the most successful executives are masters at. He may or may not know shit about fulfilling Piped Piper's potential. But he's an absolute pro at keeping both his employees and the venture capitalists in line.

Yeah, we all know that John Barker CEO thing is going to take a big turn toward hell at some point when he shows his true colors.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
CONJOINED TRIANGLES OF SUCCESS

So Jack is the white stallion, and the brown mare getting fucked in the butt with raging horse-cock is Richard?

I get the feeling this season is gonna end up with Richard and the gang having to destroy Pied Piper with the help of the Nucleus brogrammers. There's no way I can see Jack ever backing down as long as Pied Piper is/can be profitable.

And holy shit, Erlich giving Jian Yiang a fucking Japanese kimono. Then getting totally ninja'd on California eviction-law. ("I'm going to go smoke in my room.")

Spies. Thieves. Criminals.

and Foreigners [Dinesh].

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Silicon Valley's Mike Judge Explains That Horse Sex-Scene: "It's Real":

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/silicon-valley-horse-sex-scene-888871

My God, he was right:

qYpcRD0.jpg

The most disturbing part of the scene was the extra-loud "splat" sound-effect when the male horse finished.

I think HBO was upset that Game of Thrones had never showed a fully-erect penis or penetration, so they got the next best thing. Two horses.

Thanks, Silicon Valley.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks