Silent Sam Stuttering Problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Rendall, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

EDIT: oops! I meant "Serious Sam".

I was wondering if anybody else with Serious Sam on Xbox has experienced any stuttering problems? Any feedback could help me troubleshoot this issue for me!

Stuttering is a short repeated sound loop, and then the view changes back a few frames once it clears up.

The game seems to be constantly going to the DVD drive during play, and I think I'm getting read errors, causing stuttering. I've also had a few dirty disc errors, though the disc looks clean.

Any feedback highly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Martin.

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

3. Martin Rendall

Romier,

Ug. Yes! Thanks for the correction. Nothing to do with students or the Confederate Army during the Civil War.

Martin.

4. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Martin,

There is a "bad" batch of Serious Sam disks out there. It's supposedly a small print run, but from what I saw in my home town there was a great deal of them. I had to swap my copy 5 different times before I got a copy of the game that really works.

Here's a thread over at the Serious Forums that talks about it. What you can do is send your disk back to the manufacturer and they should send you a "good" working copy.

Serious Sam Forums - Disk Problems

Best of luck.

Glen

5. Martin Rendall

GlenHaag,

Thanks for the heads up!

Martin.