Silent Night (2024)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Silent Night (John Woo)

Genre: Action

Director: John Woo

Cast: Joel Kinnaman, Kid Cudi, Harold Torres, Catalina Sandino Moreno, Vinny O'Brien, Yoko Hamamura

Release: 2024

Plot: An ordinary father heads into the criminal underworld to avenge his young son’s death.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
silent-night.jpg

In theaters December 1st

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Looking to join Die Hard on the list of greatest Christmas movies? ;)

Good to see John Woo working in Hollywood again...

YANG

Screenwriter
i don't think this will replace DIEHARD's status as the "cherry on le creame top" Christmas flick, although the plot seems to indicate so...
"A man goes into the underworld to avenge his young son's death on Christmas Eve."
this is kind of somber revenge flick, that sort of rhymes with his early days of works in HongKong... first title to come into mind, "Bullet in the Head".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Of course, it's not going to replace Die Hard, one of the greatest action movies ever made. However, it still could be an entertaining movie, but we'll see....

YANG

Screenwriter
DIEHARD is silent night polluted by booms and bangs with curses and laughters... if one is easily triggered by the humor from the "cop side".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DIEHARD is silent night polluted by booms and bangs with curses and laughters... if one is easily triggered by the humor from the "cop side".
Have you seen Silent Night? If not, then can we watch the movie first before making some assumptions.

YANG

Screenwriter
i'm referring to the "silent night/eve of Xmas" which relates to DIEHARD, not the SILENT NIGHT with all caps relates to the upcoming title dude... ehh... any suggestion for me to correct my composition in better english? 😁

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
i'm referring to the "silent night/eve of Xmas" which relates to DIEHARD, not the SILENT NIGHT with all caps relates to the upcoming title dude... ehh... any suggestion for me to correct my composition in better english? 😁
TBH, never mind. :rolleyes:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
i don't think this will replace DIEHARD's status as the "cherry on le creame top" Christmas flick, although the plot seems to indicate so...

this is kind of somber revenge flick, that sort of rhymes with his early days of works in HongKong... first title to come into mind, "Bullet in the Head".

I didn't say it will replace, but the jolly Christmas song in the trailer suggests there will be some fun?

YANG

Screenwriter
Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" is used in lots of trailers u can find... mostly Action, thanks to DieHard, in different action linked genres such as comedies or thrillers.
hence, it's not surprising that u might expect that SILENT NIGHT be filled with bits of fun and excitement like what u get from Broken Arrow, M.I.2 as well as FACE/OFF.

by the way, the trailer shared above by Alex seems to be now set as private.
here's another trailer i found.

followers of John Woo movies should notice that his works is very light on humor, with exceptions on early 70s works from HK. John Woo movies is always about bond.
the bond of loyalty,
the bond of brotherhood,
the bond of camaraderie,
the bond of family,
lastly the bond of righteousness.
in contrast to Hollywood style of action movies, there's always some sort of sadness in portrayed in JW films, "As tough as a Hero can be, a Hero sheds tears". and FACE OFF delivered that... sort of... lightly.​

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks