Silent Hill 3 Preview on Extended Play This Weekend!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelley_B, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

This is mostly a heads up to my fellow Silent Hill junkie Romier....

There is a Silent Hill 3 preview on this weeks EP. It plays the E3 trailer and has an interview with the producer. They go on to say that they are going to make the story line easier to understand this time along with making the game easier to control. Not really sure if they should mess with the formula, but I have faith the game will turn out to be some scary ass shit.

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

My only complaint about SH2 was the battle control being a little weird. Other than that it was damn near perfect.

My brother was playing SH2 again a week or two ago, and I recognized something. (possible connection between SH2 and SH3)

During the part where you need to walk through the door to the big wall things in the city and you walk over the large section of grating with the monsters underneath it, the monsters hanging from it look like the monsters from SH2. Maybe these monsters are a connection between the games to show where the subway (from SH3) is. Maybe the subway is closed off in SH2...

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Thanks for the heads up Kelley. I'll be sure to check it out.

4. JamieD

JamieD Supporting Actor

Just finished Silent Hill 2 a couple of days ago. Personally I was incredibly disappointed.
    But I'm still looking forward to a sequel.[​IMG]

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

The happy birthday song they sing at the beginning of the teaser freaks my shit out! I wonder if this one will make it to the Xbox also?

6. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

It had better make it to the X-box!! And soon too!

7. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron

8. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

i will probably beat silent hill 2 in a few days::
    here's what should be inmproved for 3:

smarter enimies. i'm sorry, but the enemies for the most part are way too easy b/c they are slow and can be disposed of easily when a tactic is learned
    . Plus when you run by some of them in a dark, wide area with your flashlight on, some won't even notice you.

perfect the controls - i like the controls besides the meele ones, which are terrible

i like the camera angles a lot, but when you need to look ahead it doesn't always respond

make gameplay better - some of the sections, especially early in the game, can really piss you off, for their repetivness or vagueness. i think that this silent hill should be the one that doesn't have all of the shortcomings all survival horror games have

that's the qualms i have 60% thorugh, but the atmosphere is superb and is getting better the further i get along. That and the storyline probably keeps me going, because i had to check gamefaqs around 7-8 times so far.

I also read some interviews and they said this will be the scariest yet., as well as a different storyline. It's too bad that this may be a PS2 exclusive(Konami got backlash from ps2 owners when restless dreams came out for X-box because that is where most of the SH fanbase is).

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

That SH3 trailer was creepy, and I like the fact that they're taking it in a new direction in a few ways (different type of main character, different setting, stranger enemies, etc.).